Menu for the Week of March 10, 2014 – Grill Masters and St. Patrick’s Day!
Hello Meat Aficionados and Grill Masters!
Spring has finally arrived, well not officially, but here in the South it certainly has! That means it is time to dust off your grill, your smoker, your wood burning pit, or whatever you use to cook all of your Meaty Goodness on. And what does this mean for us? Well, it means we are sufficiently rested from our January and February “breaks”, and we are ready at The Spotted Trotter to start cranking product out for you and your family!
Prefer to keep it simple with primal meats? We have you covered from steaks to beautiful pork chops! Want to get fancy by throwing on some sausages? Class it up with some lamb merguez and then pick up some hot dogs for the kids (pssssst: we know you love them too but we won’t tell). Still not inspired? Why not be a real show off and wrap whatever your grilling with bacon or prosciutto? It’s honestly the perfect way to cover up those pesky veggies (and meat of course). You could even grill some H&F bread from the shop and top it off with our delicious pate or a slice of our terrine, smeared with a little mustard. OH YEAH! And what about a grilled flat bread or pizza topped with some of our chorizo or pepperoni? Is it lunch time yet?
That’s right – Spring Is Here! And you no longer have an excuse not to be grilling. In fact, to support your Midwestern brothers and sisters who are still battling snow in March, you have an obligation to grill! So come on down to The Spotted Trotter. We are full of suggestions on how to cook your meat, so don’t hesitate to ask when you are picking up your weekly sausages and primal cuts. Also don’t forget some salumi and cheese to nosh on while waiting for your grill to heat up. You will be hungry, believe us.
And finally, speaking of Spring, next Monday is St. Patrick’s Day, so make sure you pick up your fill of our amazing corned beef this weekend! Don’t forget we are closed on Mondays, so plan ahead. Also don’t forget to get your orders in for Spring Leg of Lamb and Hams for Easter! We will have some beautiful meats for Easter Sunday, so get them ordered today!!
Stay Hungry, Atlanta!
- Lamb Merguez
- Sweet Hot Italian
- Breakfast Sausage
- Rabbit Boursin
- Chicken Currywurst
Primal Cuts / Prepared Items
- These items are available only at the retail shop!
- Dry-Aged Ribeyes (Brasstown and Meyer)
- NY Strip (Brasstown)
- Hanger Steaks (Brasstown)
- Center Cut Pork Chops (Brasstown)
- Quail (Manchester Farms)
- Whole Rabbits (Rabbit Man Farms)
- Creole Smoked Whole Chickens
- Corned Beef – (All ready for St. Patrick’s Day!)
- Magret Moulard Duck Breasts (Hudson Valley)
- Gullah Ham
- Leaf Lard – (Perfect for making biscuits!)
- Chicken Liver with Arkansas Black Apple & Ginger Aspic
- Rabbit Liver with Spicy Mayhaw Aspic
- Duck Liver Pate with Wild Cherry and Clementine
- Pork Rillettes with Herb Butter
Whole Muscle or Cured
- Prosciutto (10 month & 12 month)
- Smoked Guanciale
- Pancetta (Calabrian Chili)
- Pancetta w/ Three Herbs
- Duck Prosciutto
- Lamb and Feta
- Spanish Chorizo
- Hunter Salami
- Fegatelli Snack Sticks
- Petit Sec Snack Sticks
- Black Pepper Sorghum
- Rosette de Lyon
- Saucisson a L’ail
- Lamb Xuong
- Salami Cotto
- Duck Salami with Pine Nuts
- Hot Dogs
- All Beef
- Pork & Beef
- Veal Bologna
- Gullah Hams
- “The Original” — Sorghum and Cracked Black Pepper
- Pate Gelee
- Lamb w/Toasted Almonds and Dates
- High Road Craft Ice Cream “Frozen Trotter” Pints
- Femur Cut Marrow Bones
- Duck Fat
- Stocks, Ox Tails, and Trotters, Oh My! – (you never know what we have in stock…)
- Sweet Southern
- Peppered Umami
- Stackhouse (Spinning Spider)
- Fortsonia (Nature’s Harmony) (Limited Run)
- Ardi Gasna (Pyrenees Mountains)
- Bayley Hazen Blue (Jasper Hill Farm)
- Big Bloomy (Caly Rd.)
- Georgia Gold (Nature’s Harmony)
- Hunkadora (Prodigal Farm)
- Rocky Battle Blue (Sequatchie Cove)
- Cumberland (Sequatchie Cove)
- Dancing Fern (Sequatchie Cove)
- Bloomsbury (Caramont Farm)
- Assorted baguettes, pretzel bread, and hot dog buns from H&F Bakery
- The Spotted Trotter Citron Curd – New Retail Item!
- The Spotted Trotter Persimmon and Apple Butter – New Retail Item!
- Beautiful Briny Sea Assorted Sea Salts (Atlanta, GA) – New Retail Item!
- TAZA Stone Ground Assorted Chocolates (Somerville, MA) – New Retail Item!
- Bluegrass Bourbon Barrel Foods Soy Sauce (Kentucky) – New Retail Item!
- Roots & Branches Assorted Crackers (Asheville, NC) – New Retail Item!
- Moustard Pommery (Dijon, France) – New Retail Item!
- Traditional Raspberry Candies (Provence, France) — New Retail Item!
- TRU Bee Honey (Franklin, TN)
- Rancho Gordo Beans
- Yellow Eye
- Good Mother Stallard
- Goat Eye
- The Spotted Trotter Artisan T-Shirts (3 styles) — New “Day of the Dead Pig” Design in Store!
- Reusable The Spotted Trotter Grocery Bags (only $3 each!)
- Meat Bucks (Gift Certificates!)
- MEATPAPER Quarterly Periodical
- Flavors Magazine
- Brother Magazine – New Retail Item!
- Assorted On-Topic Hardcover Books (miscellaneous authors)
- Bacon-Themed Accoutrements (assorted)