Menu for the Weekend of October 7th, 2016 – Picnic Fun!
When was the last time you packed up a picnic for a weekend full of fun?! Well, this is your chance. Be prepared and take a picnic full of The Spotted Trotter salamis, cheeses, deli meats and accoutrements. Bring a blanket. Bring some wine. Enjoy and relax!
The 2nd Annual Oakhurst Porch Fest is this Saturday, October 8th with a grassroots music festival, where neighbors open up their porches for free concerts, connecting with each other through music, family, the arts and the celebration of being part of a community. The Oakhurst Porchfest is completely free and runs from Noon to 6pm. What a great chance to picnic as you listen to music!
This weekend is also Gay Pride at Piedmont Park. Pride runs both Saturday and Sunday and we know how many attendees camp out all weekend on the lawn. Picnic! Don’t eat terrible carnival food! EAT GOOD MEAT. Pack your cooler with Meaty Goodness!
Fall Break starts for a lot of families. Pack a picnic and hike up to the top of Arabia Mountain Preserve and sit back and enjoy the thousands of daisies in bloom. Get out of the city and breath in some fresh air. Nibble on some jerky. Open a pack of sliced salami. You’ll thank us later.
- Sweet Hot Italian
- Mexican Chorizo
- Boudin Blanc
Primal Cuts / Prepared Items
- These items are available only at the retail shop!
- Hanger Steaks
- Dry Aged Ribeyes
- Dry Aged New York Strip Steak
- Center Cut Pork Chops
- Pork Shoulder
- Whole Chickens (White Oak Pastures)
- Creole Smoked Whole Chickens
- D’Artagnan Duck Breasts (Hudson Valley)
- Burger Blend
- Leaf Lard – (Perfect for making biscuits!)
- Chicken Liver with Arkansas Black Apple & Ginger Aspic
- Duck Liver Pate with Wild Cherry and Clementine
- Pork Rillettes with Herb Butter
- Spanish Pork Terrine
Whole Muscle or Cured
- Smoked Guanciale
- Pancetta (Calabrian Chili)
- Duck Prosciutto
- Bacon & Gruyere
- Spanish Chorizo
- Fegatelli Snack Sticks
- Petit Sec Snack Sticks
- Black Pepper Sorghum
- Rosette de Lyon
- Salami Cotto
- Hot Dogs (Beef)
- Blood Bacon
- Bacon Ends – perfect for Salads, Soups, and Sautes!
- “The Original” — Sorghum and Cracked Black Pepper
- Tasso Ham
- Femur Cut Marrow Bones
- Bone Broth!!
- Bacon Butter
- Smoked Pig Parts
- Duck Fat
- Oxtails, and Trotters, Oh My! – (you never know what we have in stock…)
- Sweet Southern
- Peppered Umami
- Meadow Creek (Grayson)
- Woodsman & Wife (The Chinaman)
- Woodsman & Wife (Jersey Girl)
- St. Jerome (Kenny’s Farmhouse)
- Smoked KY. Bleu (Kenny’s Farmhouse)
- Cana Oveja
- P’tit Basque
- Assorted baguettes, pretzel bread, and hot dog buns from H&F Bread Co. (at Krog St. Market location)
- Beautiful Briny Sea Assorted Sea Salts (Atlanta, GA)
- Georgia Sourdough Crackers (Atlanta, GA) –NEW!!
- The Sauce Company Gourmet Ketchup and Vinegar BBQ Sauce (Lilburn, GA)–NEW!!
- Bluegrass Bourbon Barrel Foods Soy Sauce and Worcestershire Sauce (Kentucky)
- Sfoglini Pasta (Brooklyn, New York)
- TRU Bee Honey (Franklin, TN)
- Verdant Kitchen Bare Ginger, Crystallized Ginger and Ginger Ale (Savannah, GA)
- Carolina Plantation Rice and Grits (Darlington, SC)
- Hughes Farm Sorghum Syrup (Young Harris, GA)
- Georgia Olive Farms Olive Oil (Lakeland, GA)
- Rancho Gordo Beans
- Yellow Eye
- Ayocote Blanco
- The Spotted Trotter Artisan T-Shirts (3 styles)
- Reusable The Spotted Trotter Grocery Bags (only $3 each!)
- Meat Bucks (Gift Certificates!)
- Culture Magazine