Menu for the Week of September 14, 2015 – The Table at Which We Eat
A Poem “Perhaps the World Ends Here” by Joy Harjo
It is here that children are given instructions on what it means to be human. We make men at it, we make women.
At this table we gossip, recall enemies and the ghosts of lovers.
Our dreams drink coffee with us as they put their arms around our children. They laugh at us at our poor falling-down selves and as we put ourselves back together once again at the table.
This table has been a house in the rain, an umbrella in the sun.
Wars have begun and ended at this table. It is a place to hide in the shadow of terror. A place to celebrate the terrible victory.
We have given birth on this table, and have prepared our parents for burial here.
At this table we sing with joy, with sorrow. We pray of suffering and remorse. We give thanks.
Perhaps the world will end at the kitchen table, while we are laughing and crying, eating of the last sweet bite.
Just a little reminder the importance of Slow Food and why we believe in the importance of cooking, meals, food, family, friends, and the community table.
- Sweet Hot Italian
- Mexican Chorizo
- Black Cherry and Pork
- Lamb Merguez
- Cheese & Parsley
Primal Cuts / Prepared Items
- These items are available only at the retail shop! Custom cuts available at Krog St.!!
- Hanger Steaks (Brasstown)
- Dry Aged Ribeyes
- Dry Aged New York Strip Steak
- Center Cut Pork Chops
- Pork Shoulder
- Whole Rabbits
- Whole Chickens (White Oak Pastures)
- Creole Smoked Whole Chickens
- Corned Beef
- D’Artagnan Duck Breasts (Hudson Valley)
- Burger Blend
- Leaf Lard – (Perfect for making biscuits!)
- Chicken Liver with Arkansas Black Apple & Ginger Aspic
- Rabbit Liver with Spicy Mayhaw Aspic
- Duck Liver Pate with Wild Cherry and Clementine
- Pork Rillettes with Herb Butter
- Pate Campagne
Whole Muscle or Cured
- Smoked Guanciale
- Pancetta (Calabrian Chili)
- Duck Prosciutto
- Pork and Serrano
- Spanish Chorizo
- Fegatelli Snack Sticks
- Petit Sec Snack Sticks
- Black Pepper Sorghum
- Rosette de Lyon
- Salami Cotto
- Hot Dogs
- All Beef
- Pork & Beef
- Veal Bologna
- Bacon Ends – perfect for Salads, Soups, and Sautes!
- “The Original” — Sorghum and Cracked Black Pepper
- Tasso Ham
- Femur Cut Marrow Bones
- Bacon Butter
- Smoked Pig Parts
- Duck Fat
- Stocks, Oxtails, and Trotters, Oh My! – (you never know what we have in stock…)
- Many Fold Farm Eggs
- Sweet Southern
- Peppered Umami
Cheese Course- Dairies
- Blackberry Farm
- Caly Road Creamery
- Caromont Farm
- Chapel Hill Dairy
- Decimal Place
- Goat Lady Dairy
- Kenny’s Farmhouse Cheese
- Many Fold Farm
- Meadow Creek Dairy
- Nature’s Harmony
- Prodigal Farm
- Sequatchie Cove
- Sweet Grass Dairy
- Assorted baguettes, pretzel bread, and hot dog buns from H&F Bread Co.
- Beautiful Briny Sea Assorted Sea Salts (Atlanta, GA)
- TAZA Stone Ground Assorted Chocolates (Somerville, MA)
- Bluegrass Bourbon Barrel Foods Soy Sauce and Worcestershire Sauce (Kentucky)
- Sfoglini Pasta (Brooklyn, New York)
- Best Boy Mustard (Roanoke, IN) -NEW!!!
- Traditional Raspberry or Citrus Candies (Provence, France)
- Vinaigre Balsamique – Italie
- TRU Bee Honey (Franklin, TN)
- Verdant Kitchen Bare Ginger, Crystallized Ginger and Ginger Ale (Savannah, GA)
- Carolina Plantation Rice and Grits (Darlington, SC)
- Bang Bang Candy Company Simple Syrups (Nashville, TN)
- McClary Bros. Scrub Sodas (Detroit, MI)
- Hughes Farm Sorghum Syrup (Young Harris, GA)
- Georgia Olive Farms Olive Oil (Lakeland, GA)
- Rancho Gordo Beans
- Yellow Eye
- Ayocote Blanco
- The Spotted Trotter Artisan T-Shirts (3 styles)
- Reusable The Spotted Trotter Grocery Bags (only $3 each!)
- Meat Bucks (Gift Certificates!)
- MEATPAPER Quarterly Periodical
- Culture Magazine