Menu for the Week of September 10, 2012 — The Calm Before The Storm!
We sat down this weekend and updated our calendars through the end of the year to see just what we’ve gotten ourselves into, and it turns out the answer is — A Lot!
- Field of Greens is September 30th. If you’ve never been before, it’s an amazing afternoon, and this will be our first year participating!
- CIVIC III is September 28th. Details coming soon!
- The Southern Artisan Cheese Festival in Nashville is October 6th.
- CIVIC IV is October 26th. Note — this will likely be our last CIVIC Event in 2012!
And then, it’s basically the holidays, and sleep will be a distant memory until January 2013!
In anticipation of this, you may have noticed we’ve been a little quiet lately, but don’t worry, we’ve been working: Silently stock-piling the curing room, sweet-talking our prosciuttos to get them ready by Christmas, testing new recipes for the holidays, canning, training staff, developing new restaurant relationships, breathing, sleeping, planning the upcoming CIVIC nights, finalizing drawings for the Suite C buildout we still hope is right around the corner, and dove hunting, just to name a few.
Thanks to all of the familiar faces we keep seeing every week. We can hardly believe this time last year we were in the final stages of building out this little dream of ours. We are so happy to be a part of this community and are really looking forward to being able to attack the holiday season with a year under our belts! On this note, we know it seems crazy, but if you will be looking to us to create charcuterie platters or other items for your holiday parties — and we hope you will — it is never too late to start emailing us about details to get on our calendar. The more time we have, the better we can prepare for your special event!
Stay Hungry Atlanta!
- Brandy Rabbit Boudin
- Chicken Fresco
- Mexican Chorizo
- Black Cherry & Pork
- English Breakfast
- Lamb Merguez
- Three Cheese & Parsley
Primal Cuts / Prepared Items
- These items are available only at the retail shop!
- Dry-Aged Ribeyes (Brasstown and Meyer)
- NY Strip (Brasstown)
- Hanger Steaks (Brasstown)
- Center Cut Pork Chops (Brasstown)
- Quail (Manchester Farms)
- Whole Rabbits (Rabbit Man Farms)
- Creole Smoked Whole Chickens
- Magret Moulard Duck Breasts (Hudson Valley)
- Chicken Liver with Arkansas Black Apple & Ginger Aspic
- Pork Rillettes with Herb Butter
Whole Muscle or Cured
- Smoked Guanciale
- Pancetta (Calabrian Chili)
- Duck Prosciutto
- Rabbit with Pork Belly & Figs
- Spanish Chorizo
- Hunter Salami
- Fegatelli Snack Sticks
- Petit Sec Snack Sticks
- Hot Dogs
- All Beef
- Pork & Beef
- Beef Mortadella — (Relatively New Retail Item!)
- Beef Pastrami
- “The Original” — Sorghum and Cracked Black Pepper
- Ox Tail Terrine Wrapped in Pork Belly
- High Road Craft Ice Cream “Frozen Trotter” Pints
- Femur Cut Marrow Bones
- Duck Fat
- Stocks, Ox Tails, and Trotters, Oh My! — (you never know what we have in stock…)
- Sweet Southern
- Peppered Umami
- Chevre with Herbs de Provence (Belle Chevre)
- Big Bloomy (Caly Rd.)
- Waypoint (Caly Rd.)
- Broad River Blue (Nature’s Harmony)
- Hunkadora (Prodigal Farm)
- Cumberland (Sequatchie Cove)
- Coppinger (Sequatchie Cove)
- Dancing Fern (Sequatchie Cove)
- Assorted baguettes, pretzel bread, and hot dog buns from H&F Bakery
- The Spotted Trotter Spiced Blackberry and Peach Jam(onit) (Atlanta, GA)
- The Spotted Trotter Peach Butter with Lavender (Atlanta, GA)
- TRU Bee Honey (Franklin, TN)
- Sorghum Syrup (Hughe’s Farm)
- Rancho Gordo Beans
- Yellow Eye
- Good Mother Stallard
- Goat Eye
- The Spotted Trotter Artisan T-Shirts (3 styles)
- Reusable The Spotted Trotter Grocery Bags (only $3 each!)
- Meat Bucks (Gift Certificates!)
- Assorted Handmade Cutting Boards (Doc’s Woodturning)
- Salami Cutting Boards (Doc’s Woodturning)
- MEATPAPER Quarterly Periodical
- Flavors Magazine
- Assorted On-Topic Hardcover Books (miscellaneous authors)
- Bacon Soap
- Bacon Toothpicks
- Artisan Metal Spotted Pigs (2 sizes) — (New Retail Item!)
Remember, you can always use our online order form to reserve your order in advance.