Menu for the Week of October 20, 2014 – Brewery Tours in Time for Oktoberfest!
In the spirit of Oktoberfest, The Cockentrice team decided to take a little tour of Wild Heaven yesterday! We were super excited to tour their new facility and of course taste their delicious brews. We have been scouting out beers for The Cockentrice’s bar and we definitely found a few today that will pair well with our Meaty Goodness! We can’t wait to bring to you not only the best charcuterie in the South, but some amazing beverages to heighten it.
Just think, sooner than you think, you will be enjoying some great local beers on our patio for the entire month of Oktoberfest (we just barely missed it this year!)! And if we really get technical, Oktoberfest in Germany really takes place in the month of September – so TWO whole months of mouth watering beer at The Cockentrice!! Prost!
And just another reminder — don’t forget to visit us every Wednesday when we are featuring “A Picnic For 2″, where we put together pre-made boards of a few salamis, cheese, and H&F Bread all for only $25! All you need to do is bring a bottle or 2 of wine and company! Feel free to sit on our patio and enjoy!
We are also starting to take pre-orders for White Oak Pastures Thanksgiving turkeys! Make sure to place your order on our website at http://thespottedtrotter.com/preorders/
We will see you soon!
Stay Hungry, and Eat Good Meat!
- Lamb Merguez
- Sweet Hot Italian
- Mexican Chorizo
- Cherry & Pork
- Bacon Cheeseburger
Primal Cuts / Prepared Items
- These items are available only at the retail shop!
- Dry-Aged Ribeyes (Brasstown and Meyer)
- NY Strip (Brasstown)
- Hanger Steaks (Brasstown)
- Center Cut Pork Chops
- Quail (Manchester Farms)
- Whole Rabbits (Rabbit Man Farms)
- Creole Smoked Whole Chickens
- Corned Beef
- Magret Moulard Duck Breasts (Hudson Valley)
- Burger Blend
- Leaf Lard – (Perfect for making biscuits!)
- Chicken Liver with Arkansas Black Apple & Ginger Aspic
- Rabbit Liver with Spicy Mayhaw Aspic
- Duck Liver Pate with Wild Cherry and Clementine
- Pork Rillettes with Herb Butter
Whole Muscle or Cured
- Prosciutto (10 month & 12 month)
- Smoked Guanciale
- Pancetta (Calabrian Chili)
- Pancetta w/ Three Herbs
- Duck Prosciutto
- Asian Lamb
- Spanish Chorizo
- Hunter Salami
- Fegatelli Snack Sticks
- Petit Sec Snack Sticks
- Black Pepper Sorghum
- Rosette de Lyon
- Saucisson a L’ail
- Salami Cotto
- Hot Dogs
- All Beef
- Pork & Beef
- Veal Bologna
- “The Original” — Sorghum and Cracked Black Pepper
- Bacon Ends- perfect for Salads, Soups, and Sautes!
- Tasso Ham
- Paris Ham
- Femur Cut Marrow Bones
- Bacon Butter –NEW!!
- Smoked Pig Parts
- Duck Fat
- Stocks, Oxtails, and Trotters, Oh My! – (you never know what we have in stock…)
- Sweet Southern
- Peppered Umami
- Dancing Fern (Sequatchie Cove)
- Nickeljack (Sequatchie Cove)
- Waypoint (Caly Road Creamery)
- Big Bloomy (Caly Road Creamery)
- Red Top (Caly Road Creamery)
- Assorted baguettes, pretzel bread, and hot dog buns from H&F Bread Co.
- Beautiful Briny Sea Assorted Sea Salts (Atlanta, GA)
- TAZA Stone Ground Assorted Chocolates (Somerville, MA)
- Bluegrass Bourbon Barrel Foods Soy Sauce (Kentucky)
- Earth Biscuit Foods Crackers (Atlanta, GA) — NEW!!
- Moustard Pommery (Dijon, France)
- Malvi Marshmallow Confections (Cumming, GA)
- Storico Fresco Pasta (Atlanta, GA) — NEW!!
- Traditional Raspberry or Honey Candies (Provence, France)
- TRU Bee Honey (Franklin, TN)
- Rancho Gordo Beans
- Yellow Eye
- Good Mother Stallard
- Goat Eye
- The Spotted Trotter Artisan T-Shirts (3 styles)
- Reusable The Spotted Trotter Grocery Bags (only $3 each!)
- Meat Bucks (Gift Certificates!)
- MEATPAPER Quarterly Periodical
- Culture Magazine
- Assorted On-Topic Hardcover Books (miscellaneous authors)
- Bacon-Themed Accoutrement