Menu for the Week of October 15, 2012 — Announcing CIVIC IV / Our One Year Anniversary Party!
ATLANTA, THANK YOU!
For CIVIC IV, we’ve pulled out all the stops, and we’re going to ring in year 2 with a party similar to our opening party last year that drew quite a crowd! Our first year has been one of excitement and taste, which we were able to accomplish, in part, due to the amazing Atlanta food community — that’s you! In an effort to give back and say how much we appreciate everyone, we cordially invite you to a very special night, with an amazing line-up of great chefs, all showcasing the world of food done the right way with an emphasis on what else…..GOOD MEAT!
To start things off, we will be offering a delectable array of handpicked spirits, wine, and beer:
(1) Deep Eddy Vodka — Located in Austin, Texas, this distillery creates vodka made of south Texas corn using continuous distillation in a column still. Deep Eddy Vodka is named after the historic landmark — Deep Eddy Pool — in Austin, which is the oldest spring-fed swimming pool in Texas. Get ready for some delicious specialty cocktails served from their mobile bar.
(2) Perrine’s Wine Shop — After earning a challenge medal for the best young sommelier in Bordeaux in 2004, Perrine Prieur arrived in America in October 2006, to begin work as the sommelier at JOËL Brasserie, and later earned her sommelier certification from the Master of Sommelier Institute. This year, with the chefs’ collaborative efforts in mind, Perrine has paired a number of wines known for their approachability and deliberate drinkability.
(3) Ale Yeah — Eddie Holley’s craft beer store Ale Yeah! is a playground for any craft beer enthusiast. At Ale Yeah! you will find an abundance of American craft beer, as well as varieties from around the world that exemplify liquid perfection. Eddie was with us for our opening party and has been gracious enough to return this year to dazzle you with the finest in craft brew precision, education and flavor.
The lineup will include incredible chefs and food artisans, (working with the indelible meats that help make them great!). This year’s taste creators include:Chef Ron Eyester (Rosebud & The Family Dog) Chef Steve Herman (Haven) Chef Ria Pell (Sauced & Ria’s Bluebird) Pastry Chef Sarah O’Brien (The Little Tart Bake Shop) Chef Brian Jones (The Ritz Carlton’s Atlanta Grill) Chef Keith Schroeder (High Road Craft Ice Cream) Chef Thomas McKeown (The Grand Hyatt) Chef Matt Swickerath (Valenza) Chef Matt Deckard (Deckard’s American Tavern) Chef Stephen Bucalo (Proof and Provision) and perhaps more to come…
For the first time ever, The Spotted Trotter is proud to present three of the Southeast’s finest porcine pioneers at the same event, who will be providing the pork to be served up by the pork-obsessed culinary crusaders mentioned above! In addition to providing the meat, these farmers will also be taking time out to have a short conversation with you about why what they do is so special and why it is so important to our country and our taste buds. Introducing: Bev Eggleston (Eco Friendly Foods / Moneta, VA), Steve Whitmire (Brasstown Beef / Brasstown NC), and Gra’ Moore (Carolina Heritage Farms / Pamplico, SC).
As if everything we just described wasn’t enough, the night’s soundtrack will be provided by the savory sweet stylings of Atlanta’s own jazz funk professors – Cadillac Jones! Rhythm Method, the fourth album from Cadillac Jones, finds the band tracing a steady pulse through funk’s past and future. The record starts on the band’s own front stoop with “Reynoldstown,” an homage to one of Atlanta’s oldest urban neighborhoods. They will be here live!
(1) Tickets are only $20, and they are going fast. TO PURCHASE TICKETS VIA PAYPAL — GO TO THE BOTTOM RIGHT HAND CORNER OF THE “ONLINE ORDERS” TAB ON OUR WEBSITE — http://thespottedtrotter.com/preorders/. You must be 21 to drink!
(2) This event is outside, and the weather will probably be cool, so please dress accordingly!
(3) We will have complimentary VALET! Please bring a couple bucks for these hardworking folks and carpool if you can!
(4) Festivities begin at 7:30 p.m.! Let’s celebrate!
Stay Hungry Atlanta!
- Peppered Rabbit with Caramelized Leeks and Candied Walnuts
- Parsley & Cheese
- Saucisse Bretonne
- Mexican Chorizo
- Black Cherry & Pork
- English Breakfast
- Lamb Merguez
- Pork Luganega
- Greens Sausage
- Beer Braut
Primal Cuts / Prepared Items
- These items are available only at the retail shop!
- Dry-Aged Ribeyes (Brasstown and Meyer)
- NY Strip (Brasstown)
- Hanger Steaks (Brasstown)
- Center Cut Pork Chops (Brasstown)
- Quail (Manchester Farms)
- Whole Rabbits (Rabbit Man Farms)
- Creole Smoked Whole Chickens
- Magret Moulard Duck Breasts (Hudson Valley)
- Red Wattle Pork Ribs
- Chicken Liver with Arkansas Black Apple & Ginger Aspic
- Pork Rillettes with Herb Butter
Whole Muscle or Cured
- Smoked Guanciale
- Pancetta (Calabrian Chili)
- Duck Prosciutto
- Asian Spiced Lamb
- Spanish Chorizo
- Hunter Salami
- Fegatelli Snack Sticks
- Petit Sec Snack Sticks
- Hot Dogs
- All Beef
- Pork & Beef
- Veal Bologna
- Beef Pastrami
- “The Original” — Sorghum and Cracked Black Pepper
- Lamb with Red Onions and Smoked Pimento
- High Road Craft Ice Cream “Frozen Trotter” Pints
- Femur Cut Marrow Bones
- Duck Fat
- Stocks, Ox Tails, and Trotters, Oh My! — (you never know what we have in stock…)
- Sweet Southern
- Peppered Umami
- Chevre with Herbs de Provence (Belle Chevre)
- Big Bloomy (Caly Rd.)
- Waypoint (Caly Rd.)
- Broad River Blue (Nature’s Harmony)
- Hunkadora (Prodigal Farm)
- Cumberland (Sequatchie Cove)
- Coppinger (Sequatchie Cove)
- Dancing Fern (Sequatchie Cove)
- Assorted baguettes, pretzel bread, and hot dog buns from H&F Bakery
- The Spotted Trotter Spiced Blackberry and Peach Jam(onit) (Atlanta, GA)
- The Spotted Trotter Peach Butter with Lavender (Atlanta, GA)
- TRU Bee Honey (Franklin, TN)
- Sorghum Syrup (Hughe’s Farm)
- Rancho Gordo Beans
- Yellow Eye
- Good Mother Stallard
- Goat Eye
- The Spotted Trotter Artisan T-Shirts (3 styles)
- Reusable The Spotted Trotter Grocery Bags (only $3 each!)
- Meat Bucks (Gift Certificates!)
- Assorted Handmade Cutting Boards (Doc’s Woodturning)
- Salami Cutting Boards (Doc’s Woodturning)
- MEATPAPER Quarterly Periodical
- Flavors Magazine
- Assorted On-Topic Hardcover Books (miscellaneous authors)
- Bacon Soap
- Bacon Toothpicks
- Artisan Metal Spotted Pigs (2 sizes) — (New Retail Item!)
Remember, you can always use our online order form to reserve your order in advance.