Menu for the Week of November 17, 2014 – Turkey Time and All the Trimmings! Shop Early and Beat the Crowds!
Thanksgiving and the holiday season is in the air, and the excitement is building! The Spotted Trotter at Krog St. Market and The Cockentrice are starting to look spectacular, and we are bursting with anticipation! The shop has a special sparkle, we are ready to fill your holiday needs, and above all, we are thankful for our expanding business family and for all of our wonderful customers who continue to make us a part of their special holidays!
Have you planned out your Thanksgiving menu? If you haven’t, bacon, tasso, pates, salamis, and cheeses definitely need to make your list. And, we just ordered some more Turkey Brine from Beautiful Briny Sea! Thanksgiving really isn’t just about the turkey, it is about the sides and appetizers (don’t you get hungry cooking all that meaty goodness?). WE DO! Make sure to come in and fill your bag this week before the lines start zig zagging in the shop, and they will!
Please keep an eye out this week for an announcement regarding The Spotted Trotter 2 at Krog Street Market. If all goes well this week, our goal will be to open the shop for a soft opening this weekend, but we won’t know for sure until we get a bit further into the week. Stay tuned and send good vibes!
Just a reminder, we will be closed Thanksgiving Day, but open on the Friday afterwards. Many Thanks to All!
We will see you soon!
Stay Hungry, and Eat Good Meat!
- Lamb Merguez
- Sweet Hot Italian
- Mexican Chorizo
- Cherry & Pork
- Chicken, Pear, and Goat Cheese
- Bacon & Braised Greens
- Three Cheese & Parsley
Primal Cuts / Prepared Items
- These items are available only at the retail shop!
- Dry-Aged Ribeyes (Brasstown and Meyer)
- NY Strip (Brasstown)
- Hanger Steaks (Brasstown)
- Center Cut Pork Chops
- Quail (Manchester Farms)
- Whole Rabbits (Rabbit Man Farms)
- Creole Smoked Whole Chickens
- Corned Beef
- Magret Moulard Duck Breasts (Hudson Valley)
- Burger Blend
- Leaf Lard – (Perfect for making biscuits!)
- Chicken Liver with Arkansas Black Apple & Ginger Aspic
- Rabbit Liver with Spicy Mayhaw Aspic
- Duck Liver Pate with Wild Cherry and Clementine
- Pork Rillettes with Herb Butter
- Pate Campagne
Whole Muscle or Cured
- Prosciutto (10 month & 12 month)
- Smoked Guanciale
- Pancetta (Calabrian Chili)
- Pancetta w/ Three Herbs
- Duck Prosciutto
- Pork Chops and Applesauce
- Spanish Chorizo
- Hunter Salami
- Fegatelli Snack Sticks
- Petit Sec Snack Sticks
- Black Pepper Sorghum
- Rosette de Lyon
- Saucisson a L’ail
- Salami Cotto
- Hot Dogs
- All Beef
- Pork & Beef
- Veal Bologna
- “The Original” — Sorghum and Cracked Black Pepper
- Bacon Ends- perfect for Salads, Soups, and Sautes!
- Tasso Ham
- Paris Ham
- Femur Cut Marrow Bones
- Bacon Butter –NEW!!
- Smoked Pig Parts
- Duck Fat
- Stocks, Oxtails, and Trotters, Oh My! – (you never know what we have in stock…)
- Sweet Southern
- Peppered Umami
- Dancing Fern (Sequatchie Cove)
- Nickeljack (Sequatchie Cove)
- Waypoint (Caly Road Creamery)
- Big Bloomy (Caly Road Creamery)
- Red Top (Caly Road Creamery)
- Assorted baguettes, pretzel bread, and hot dog buns from H&F Bread Co.
- Beautiful Briny Sea Assorted Sea Salts (Atlanta, GA)
- TAZA Stone Ground Assorted Chocolates (Somerville, MA)
- Bluegrass Bourbon Barrel Foods Soy Sauce (Kentucky)
- Earth Biscuit Foods Crackers (Atlanta, GA) — NEW!!
- Moustard Pommery (Dijon, France)
- Malvi Marshmallow Confections (Cumming, GA)
- Storico Fresco Pasta (Atlanta, GA) — NEW!!
- Traditional Raspberry or Honey Candies (Provence, France)
- TRU Bee Honey (Franklin, TN)
- Rancho Gordo Beans
- Yellow Eye
- Good Mother Stallard
- Goat Eye
- The Spotted Trotter Artisan T-Shirts (3 styles)
- Reusable The Spotted Trotter Grocery Bags (only $3 each!)
- Meat Bucks (Gift Certificates!)
- MEATPAPER Quarterly Periodical
- Culture Magazine
- Assorted On-Topic Hardcover Books (miscellaneous authors)
- Bacon-Themed Accoutrement