Menu for the Week of November 10, 2014 – The Dawn of a New Chapter Is Rising!
The time has ALMOST arrived! The light at the end of the tunnel is getting a bit brighter, and we are putting the final touches on the new Spotted Trotter location at Krog Street Market! If you haven’t stopped by to see the progress recently, we’ve come a long way. Our goal is to have TST2 open by the end of the month, with the restaurant The Cockentrice to following shortly thereafter. Numerous other tenants are getting ready for their openings as well, so definitely keep an ear out for a Grand Opening communication soon, both from us and from other vendors — Little Tart Bakeshop, Jeni’s Icecream, Fred’s Meat & Bread and Yalla (both from the General Muir team!), Grand Champion BBQ, and Hop City – just to name a few!
We have been working extra hard to make The Spotted Trotter at Krog Street Market extra special (although we think The Spotted Trotter at Hosea is pretty special to begin with!). At Krog Street, we will be featuring many unique artisan products that until now we have been unable to feature due to limited space at Hosea. We are expanding our cheese selection (selected by our cheesemonger Scott) to showcase the wonderful cheeses of the Southeast and a few other special cheeses. Krog Street also has its own butcher that will be breaking down whole animals from local farms. The butcher case will have a wider variety of steaks, pork, and chickens! We will also be able to feature a wider selection of prepared meats for those of you always on the go.
We welcome all of you to come and visit us at Krog Street Market, and we can’t wait to share it with you! More details to come.
And, one last time — Here’s your last chance to pre-order White Oak Pastures Thanksgiving turkeys! Make sure to place your order by Nov. 15th on our website at http://thespottedtrotter.com/preorders/
We will see you soon!
Stay Hungry, and Eat Good Meat!
- Lamb Merguez
- Sweet Hot Italian
- Mexican Chorizo
- Cherry & Pork
- Chicken, Pear, and Goat Cheese
- Bacon & Braised Greens
- Three Cheese & Parsley
Primal Cuts / Prepared Items
- These items are available only at the retail shop!
- Dry-Aged Ribeyes (Brasstown and Meyer)
- NY Strip (Brasstown)
- Hanger Steaks (Brasstown)
- Center Cut Pork Chops
- Quail (Manchester Farms)
- Whole Rabbits (Rabbit Man Farms)
- Creole Smoked Whole Chickens
- Corned Beef
- Magret Moulard Duck Breasts (Hudson Valley)
- Burger Blend
- Leaf Lard – (Perfect for making biscuits!)
- Chicken Liver with Arkansas Black Apple & Ginger Aspic
- Rabbit Liver with Spicy Mayhaw Aspic
- Duck Liver Pate with Wild Cherry and Clementine
- Pork Rillettes with Herb Butter
- Pate Campagne
Whole Muscle or Cured
- Prosciutto (10 month & 12 month)
- Smoked Guanciale
- Pancetta (Calabrian Chili)
- Pancetta w/ Three Herbs
- Duck Prosciutto
- Pork Chops and Applesauce
- Spanish Chorizo
- Hunter Salami
- Fegatelli Snack Sticks
- Petit Sec Snack Sticks
- Black Pepper Sorghum
- Rosette de Lyon
- Saucisson a L’ail
- Salami Cotto
- Hot Dogs
- All Beef
- Pork & Beef
- Veal Bologna
- “The Original” — Sorghum and Cracked Black Pepper
- Bacon Ends- perfect for Salads, Soups, and Sautes!
- Tasso Ham
- Paris Ham
- Femur Cut Marrow Bones
- Bacon Butter —NEW!!
- Smoked Pig Parts
- Duck Fat
- Stocks, Oxtails, and Trotters, Oh My! – (you never know what we have in stock…)
- Sweet Southern
- Peppered Umami
- Dancing Fern (Sequatchie Cove)
- Nickeljack (Sequatchie Cove)
- Waypoint (Caly Road Creamery)
- Big Bloomy (Caly Road Creamery)
- Red Top (Caly Road Creamery)
- Assorted baguettes, pretzel bread, and hot dog buns from H&F Bread Co.
- Beautiful Briny Sea Assorted Sea Salts (Atlanta, GA)
- TAZA Stone Ground Assorted Chocolates (Somerville, MA)
- Bluegrass Bourbon Barrel Foods Soy Sauce (Kentucky)
- Earth Biscuit Foods Crackers (Atlanta, GA) — NEW!!
- Moustard Pommery (Dijon, France)
- Malvi Marshmallow Confections (Cumming, GA)
- Storico Fresco Pasta (Atlanta, GA) — NEW!!
- Traditional Raspberry or Honey Candies (Provence, France)
- TRU Bee Honey (Franklin, TN)
- Rancho Gordo Beans
- Yellow Eye
- Good Mother Stallard
- Goat Eye
- The Spotted Trotter Artisan T-Shirts (3 styles)
- Reusable The Spotted Trotter Grocery Bags (only $3 each!)
- Meat Bucks (Gift Certificates!)
- MEATPAPER Quarterly Periodical
- Culture Magazine
- Assorted On-Topic Hardcover Books (miscellaneous authors)
- Bacon-Themed Accoutrement