Menu for the Week of May 26, 2014 – Eating Some Greens (with meat of course) Before AF&WF This Weekend!
Well it is a new week (yesterday didn’t count) and thank goodness, because after all the meaty goodness we had over the holiday weekend, we are all ready for something simple and light. We won’t go into details about the excessive amounts of delicious grilled sausages, burgers, and pates that we relished over the 3 day weekend here at The Spotted Trotter, but I can tell you we are already planning for the July 4th weekend!
This week it is going to be about putting a nice garlic rosemary crusted strip steak on the grill and slicing it thin for a mouth-watering salad made from greens we picked up at the market this weekend. Add some locally grown mushrooms from our friend Jonathan that we carry at the shop from Sparta Imperial Mushrooms (http://spartamushrooms.com) and we couldn’t be happier!! OH YEAH! Maybe tomorrow it will be a salad made with one of our whole smoked creole chickens or bone-in center cut pork chops marinated in Bluegrass Bourbon Barrel Soy Sauce that we carry.
All we know is that we absolutely have to eat some balanced meals these next several days, as the gluttony of The Atlanta Food & Wine Festival descends upon us starting this Thursday. We will be involved in a number of events, first we will be a part of the DELTA tent on Saturday, we will also be participating in an amazing sensory capturing dinner Friday night and we’ll be involved in two amazing classes on fabulous flavors in “Compelling Sensory Identities” with Russell Jones and the crew from the Condiment Junkies visiting straight from the UK on Saturday and Sunday. If we don’t see you there, we can’t wait to tell you all about it in next week’s post!
Have a great week, and we will see you soon!
Stay Hungry, Atlanta!
- Lamb Merguez
- Sweet Hot Italian
- Mexican Chorizo
- Cherry & Pork
- Rise Up
- Chicken Currywurst
- Parsley & Cheese
- Beer Braut
Primal Cuts / Prepared Items
- These items are available only at the retail shop!
- Dry-Aged Ribeyes (Brasstown and Meyer)
- NY Strip (Brasstown)
- Hanger Steaks (Brasstown)
- Center Cut Pork Chops
- Quail (Manchester Farms)
- Whole Rabbits (Rabbit Man Farms)
- Creole Smoked Whole Chickens
- Corned Beef
- Magret Moulard Duck Breasts (Hudson Valley)
- Gullah Ham
- Burger Blend
- Leaf Lard – (Perfect for making biscuits!)
- Chicken Liver with Arkansas Black Apple & Ginger Aspic
- Rabbit Liver with Spicy Mayhaw Aspic
- Duck Liver Pate with Wild Cherry and Clementine
- Pork Rillettes with Herb Butter
Whole Muscle or Cured
- Prosciutto (10 month & 12 month)
- Smoked Guanciale
- Pancetta (Calabrian Chili)
- Pancetta w/ Three Herbs
- Duck Prosciutto
- Pork & Mayhaw
- Spanish Chorizo
- Hunter Salami
- Fegatelli Snack Sticks
- Petit Sec Snack Sticks
- Black Pepper Sorghum
- Rosette de Lyon
- Saucisson a L’ail
- Salami Cotto
- Hot Dogs
- All Beef
- Pork & Beef
- Veal Bologna
- Gullah Hams
- “The Original” — Sorghum and Cracked Black Pepper
- Femur Cut Marrow Bones
- Smoked Pig Parts
- Duck Fat
- Stocks, Ox Tails, and Trotters, Oh My! – (you never know what we have in stock…)
- Sweet Southern
- Peppered Umami
- Garretts Ferry (Many Fold Farm)
- Condor’s Ruin (Many Fold Farm)
- Dancing Fern (Sequatchie Cove)
- Plank Road (Caramont Farm)
- Red Row (Caramont Farm)
- Waypoint (Caly Road Creamery)
- Red Top (Caly Road Creamery)
- Assorted baguettes, pretzel bread, and hot dog buns from H&F Bakery
- Beautiful Briny Sea Assorted Sea Salts (Atlanta, GA) – New Retail Item!
- TAZA Stone Ground Assorted Chocolates (Somerville, MA) – New Retail Item!
- Bluegrass Bourbon Barrel Foods Soy Sauce (Kentucky) – New Retail Item!
- Roots & Branches Assorted Crackers (Asheville, NC) – New Retail Item!
- Moustard Pommery (Dijon, France) – New Retail Item!
- Malvi Marshmallow Confections (Cumming, GA) – New Retail Item!
- Sfoglini Pasta (NY, NY) — New Retail Item!
- Traditional Raspberry Candies (Provence, France) — New Retail Item!
- TRU Bee Honey (Franklin, TN)
- Rancho Gordo Beans
- Yellow Eye
- Good Mother Stallard
- Goat Eye
- The Spotted Trotter Artisan T-Shirts (3 styles) — New “Day of the Dead Pig” Design in Store!
- Reusable The Spotted Trotter Grocery Bags (only $3 each!)
- Meat Bucks (Gift Certificates!)
- MEATPAPER Quarterly Periodical
- Culture Magazine – New Retail Item!
- Assorted On-Topic Hardcover Books (miscellaneous authors)
- Bacon-Themed Accoutrements (assorted)