Menu for the Week of May 12, 2014- The Art of Charcuterie
At The Spotted Trotter, the art of charcuterie is something we take seriously. And that means everything comes into its own when it is ready, even though we may be crossing our fingers and praying it will happen sooner. Believe me, we want to sell you Good Meat! The life cycle of a hard salumi may take weeks of preparation and drying time, sometimes even longer than we think when humidity is not constant or other factors beyond our control decide to take their turn. Even bacon takes 10 days of curing- that unbelievable sorghum cracked black pepper cure has to do its magic! We hand butcher all of our meats and produce our salumis in small batches, which allows us to give lots of attention to everything we make and focus on our technique.
If you haven’t been to The Spotted Trotter in a while, we have missed you. And if you don’t see that 1 particular salumi you have been craving, know it is hanging in our new curing cave waiting for you! Try something new. Go on, I promise we will not disappoint!
Stay Hungry, Atlanta!
- Lamb Merguez
- Sweet Hot Italian
- Mexican Chorizo
- Cherry & Pork
- Rise-Up Chicken Red Hot
- Chicken Currywurst
Primal Cuts / Prepared Items
- These items are available only at the retail shop!
- Dry-Aged Ribeyes (Brasstown and Meyer)
- NY Strip (Brasstown)
- Hanger Steaks (Brasstown)
- Center Cut Pork Chops
- Quail (Manchester Farms)
- Whole Rabbits (Rabbit Man Farms)
- Creole Smoked Whole Chickens
- Corned Beef
- Magret Moulard Duck Breasts (Hudson Valley)
- Gullah Ham
- Burger Blend
- Leaf Lard – (Perfect for making biscuits!)
- Chicken Liver with Arkansas Black Apple & Ginger Aspic
- Rabbit Liver with Spicy Mayhaw Aspic
- Duck Liver Pate with Wild Cherry and Clementine
- Pork Rillettes with Herb Butter
Whole Muscle or Cured
- Prosciutto (10 month & 12 month)
- Smoked Guanciale
- Pancetta (Calabrian Chili)
- Pancetta w/ Three Herbs
- Duck Prosciutto
- Smoked Pork Belly & Gruyere
- Spanish Chorizo
- Hunter Salami
- Fegatelli Snack Sticks
- Petit Sec Snack Sticks
- Black Pepper Sorghum
- Rosette de Lyon
- Saucisson a L’ail
- Lamb Xuong
- Salami Cotto
- Duck Salami with Pine Nuts
- Hot Dogs
- All Beef
- Pork & Beef
- Veal Bologna
- Gullah Hams
- “The Original” — Sorghum and Cracked Black Pepper
- Pate Gelee
- Spanish Lamb w/Toasted Almonds and Dates
- Spring Rabbit w/Honey Carrot Aspic
- Femur Cut Marrow Bones
- Smoked Pig Parts
- Duck Fat
- Stocks, Ox Tails, and Trotters, Oh My! – (you never know what we have in stock…)
- Sweet Southern
- Peppered Umami
- Brebis (Many Fold Farm)
- Garretts Ferry (Many Fold Farm)
- Condor’s Ruin (Many Fold Farm)
- Plank Road (Caramont Farm)
- Red Row (Caramont Farm)
- Waypoint (Caly Road Creamery)
- Red Top (Caly Road Creamery)
- Assorted baguettes, pretzel bread, and hot dog buns from H&F Bakery
- Beautiful Briny Sea Assorted Sea Salts (Atlanta, GA) – New Retail Item!
- TAZA Stone Ground Assorted Chocolates (Somerville, MA) – New Retail Item!
- Bluegrass Bourbon Barrel Foods Soy Sauce (Kentucky) – New Retail Item!
- Roots & Branches Assorted Crackers (Asheville, NC) – New Retail Item!
- Moustard Pommery (Dijon, France) – New Retail Item!
- Malvi Marshmallow Confections (Cumming, GA) – New Retail Item!
- Sfoglini Pasta (NY, NY) — New Retail Item!
- Traditional Raspberry Candies (Provence, France) — New Retail Item!
- TRU Bee Honey (Franklin, TN)
- Many Fold Fresh Farm Eggs (Chattahoochee Hills, GA)
- Rancho Gordo Beans
- Yellow Eye
- Good Mother Stallard
- Goat Eye
- The Spotted Trotter Artisan T-Shirts (3 styles) — New “Day of the Dead Pig” Design in Store!
- Reusable The Spotted Trotter Grocery Bags (only $3 each!)
- Meat Bucks (Gift Certificates!)
- MEATPAPER Quarterly Periodical
- Flavors Magazine
- Brother Magazine – New Retail Item!
- Assorted On-Topic Hardcover Books (miscellaneous authors)
- Bacon-Themed Accoutrements (assorted)