Menu for the Week of March 9, 2015 — Doggy Dogg Pop-Up at Spotted Trotter-Krog This Friday & Saturday!
Happy Spring (almost), and we hope everyone is enjoying the longer daylight hours so far! We are certainly gearing up for Spring at The Spotted Trotter and have some fun announcements to make.
This Friday and Saturday from approximately 8 p.m. until 11 p.m., Doggy Dogg will be doing a pop-up in our retail space at Krog. We’ve been selling hot dogs on the weekends as fast as we can make them, so we thought this would be a fun addition to try out. Doggy Dogg will be featuring a veggie dog, Spotted Trotter hot dogs, and Spotted Trotter bratwurst. From there, it’ll be choose your own adventure, with toppings like kimchi, Spotted Trotter sauerkraut, sweet relish, pork belly bits, pimento cheese, natural ketchup, yellow and spicy mustards, caramelized onion mustard, and red robot hot sauce. Sounds like the perfect compliment to a Hop City beer if you ask us (assuming of course you’ve decided already not to eat at The Cockentrice), and an easy way to feed the kids. Show your support for Doggy Dogg and this could become a permanent fixture in our retail space! 😉
In other news, we anticipate being crazier than ever for Easter, which will be here before we know it. Go ahead and start putting those orders in by calling either retail shop or going online — http://thespottedtrotter.com/preorders/. Not sure what to serve? Stop in and talk to our head butcher Lou and get some suggestions. Or ask Scott, our cheese monger, about putting together a beautiful charcuterie board for you to pick-up.
Finally, stay tuned in the next several weeks for announcements regarding opening the Cockentrice patio at Krog and lunch service (with alcohol!) once that happens. We are working hard people!
- Sweet Hot Italian
- Mexican Chorizo
- Cherry & Pork
- Lamb Linguica
- Chicken, Pear, and Chevre
- Rabbit Boudin
- Bacon Cheeseburger
Primal Cuts / Prepared Items
- These items are available only at the retail shop! Custom cuts available at Krog St.!!
- Hanger Steaks (Brasstown)
- Dry Aged Ribeyes
- Dry Aged New York Strip Steak
- Center Cut Pork Chops
- Pork Shoulder
- Whole Rabbits
- Quail (Manchester Farms)
- Whole Chickens (White Oak Pastures)
- Creole Smoked Whole Chickens
- Corned Beef
- D’Artagnan Duck Breasts (Hudson Valley)
- Burger Blend
- Leaf Lard – (Perfect for making biscuits!)
- Chicken Liver with Arkansas Black Apple & Ginger Aspic
- Rabbit Liver with Spicy Mayhaw Aspic
- Duck Liver Pate with Wild Cherry and Clementine
- Pork Rillettes with Herb Butter
- Pate Campagne
Whole Muscle or Cured
- Prosciutto (10 month & 12 month)
- Smoked Guanciale
- Pancetta (Calabrian Chili)
- Pancetta w/ Three Herbs
- Duck Prosciutto
- Duck & Mushroom
- Spanish Chorizo
- Fegatelli Snack Sticks
- Petit Sec Snack Sticks
- Black Pepper Sorghum
- Rosette de Lyon
- Saucisson a L’ail
- Salami Cotto
- Hot Dogs
- All Beef
- Pork & Beef
- Veal Bologna
- Bacon Ends- perfect for Salads, Soups, and Sautes!
- “The Original” — Sorghum and Cracked Black Pepper
- Tasso Ham
- Paris Ham
- Femur Cut Marrow Bones
- Bacon Butter –NEW!!
- Smoked Pig Parts
- Duck Fat
- Stocks, Oxtails, and Trotters, Oh My! – (you never know what we have in stock…)
- Many Fold Farm Eggs
- Sweet Southern
- Peppered Umami
- Dancing Fern (Sequatchie Cove)
- Nickeljack (Sequatchie Cove)
- Waypoint (Caly Road Creamery)
- Big Bloomy (Caly Road Creamery)
- Red Top (Caly Road Creamery)
- Assorted baguettes, pretzel bread, and hot dog buns from H&F Bread Co.
- Beautiful Briny Sea Assorted Sea Salts (Atlanta, GA)
- TAZA Stone Ground Assorted Chocolates (Somerville, MA)
- Bluegrass Bourbon Barrel Foods Soy Sauce and Worcestershire Sauce (Kentucky)
- Earth Biscuit Foods Crackers (Atlanta, GA)
- Sfoglini Pasta (Brooklyn, New York) – BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!!
- Edmond Fallot Grain Mustard (Dijon, France) – NEW!!
- Traditional Raspberry or Citrus Candies (Provence, France)
- Huile d’Olive Papillon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (France) – NEW!!
- Vinaigre Balsamique – Italie
- TRU Bee Honey (Franklin, TN)
- Verdant Kitchen Bare Ginger, Crystallized Ginger and Ginger Ale (Savannah, GA) – NEW!!
- Carolina Plantation Rice and Grits (Darlington, SC) – NEW!!
- Bang Bang Candy Company Simple Syrups (Nashville, TN) – NEW!!
- McClary Bros. Scrub Sodas (Detroit, MI) – NEW!!
- Hughes Farm Sorghum Syrup (Young Harris, GA) – NEW!!
- Georgia Olive Farms Olive Oil (Lakeland, GA) – NEW!!
- Cacao Atlanta Salame Di Cioccolato (Atlanta, GA) – NEW!!
- Rancho Gordo Beans
- Yellow Eye
- Ayocote Blanco
- The Spotted Trotter Artisan T-Shirts (3 styles)
- Reusable The Spotted Trotter Grocery Bags (only $3 each!)
- Meat Bucks (Gift Certificates!)
- MEATPAPER Quarterly Periodical
- Culture Magazine
- Assorted On-Topic Hardcover Books (miscellaneous authors)