Menu for the Week of March 23, 2015 — Flowers are Blooming and So Is The Cheese!
So here we are a few days into Spring 2015. What does that mean? Well around the house of our cheesemonger Scott, it’s an all too brief blooming of the big cherry tree, tulips, and day lilies; hydrangeas and roses starting to leaf out; and of course unending videos of this season’s calves, kids and lambs from our favorite cheesemakers!
Of course this also means that all of the fresh spring cheeses will be making their way into the shop. Keep your eyes posted to our FB page, web page or just ask when you’re in the shop to find out what’s coming and when.
Springtime also means the opening of farmers markets all over town and with that the arrival of early spring vegetables. Remember, we’ll be at Peachtree Road Farmers Market and Grant Park Farmers Market as usual starting on April 11, giving East Atlanta a rest this year.
If you’re lucky enough to know someone who forages or forage yourself, then you know it will soon be time to head for the hills to find mushrooms, ramps, sorrel and more wonderful wild things.
Spring, enjoy it while we can, as it is usually such a fleeting moment.
- Sweet Hot Italian
- Mexican Chorizo
- Cherry & Pork
- Lamb Linguica
- 3 Cheese & Parsley
- Chicken, Pear, and Chevre
- Breakfast Braut
Primal Cuts / Prepared Items
- These items are available only at the retail shop! Custom cuts available at Krog St.!!
- Hanger Steaks (Brasstown)
- Dry Aged Ribeyes
- Dry Aged New York Strip Steak
- Center Cut Pork Chops
- Pork Shoulder
- Whole Rabbits
- Quail (Manchester Farms)
- Whole Chickens (White Oak Pastures)
- Creole Smoked Whole Chickens
- Corned Beef
- D’Artagnan Duck Breasts (Hudson Valley)
- Burger Blend
- Leaf Lard – (Perfect for making biscuits!)
- Chicken Liver with Arkansas Black Apple & Ginger Aspic
- Rabbit Liver with Spicy Mayhaw Aspic
- Duck Liver Pate with Wild Cherry and Clementine
- Pork Rillettes with Herb Butter
- Pate Campagne
Whole Muscle or Cured
- Prosciutto (10 month & 12 month)
- Smoked Guanciale
- Pancetta (Calabrian Chili)
- Pancetta w/ Three Herbs
- Duck Prosciutto
- Duck & Mushroom
- Spanish Chorizo
- Fegatelli Snack Sticks
- Petit Sec Snack Sticks
- Black Pepper Sorghum
- Rosette de Lyon
- Saucisson a L’ail
- Salami Cotto
- Hot Dogs
- All Beef
- Pork & Beef
- Veal Bologna
- Bacon Ends- perfect for Salads, Soups, and Sautes!
- “The Original” — Sorghum and Cracked Black Pepper
- Tasso Ham
- Paris Ham
- Femur Cut Marrow Bones
- Bacon Butter –NEW!!
- Smoked Pig Parts
- Duck Fat
- Stocks, Oxtails, and Trotters, Oh My! – (you never know what we have in stock…)
- Many Fold Farm Eggs
- Sweet Southern
- Peppered Umami
- Dancing Fern (Sequatchie Cove)
- Nickeljack (Sequatchie Cove)
- Waypoint (Caly Road Creamery)
- Big Bloomy (Caly Road Creamery)
- Red Top (Caly Road Creamery)
- Assorted baguettes, pretzel bread, and hot dog buns from H&F Bread Co.
- Beautiful Briny Sea Assorted Sea Salts (Atlanta, GA)
- TAZA Stone Ground Assorted Chocolates (Somerville, MA)
- Bluegrass Bourbon Barrel Foods Soy Sauce and Worcestershire Sauce (Kentucky)
- Earth Biscuit Foods Crackers (Atlanta, GA)
- Sfoglini Pasta (Brooklyn, New York) – BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!!
- Edmond Fallot Grain Mustard (Dijon, France) – NEW!!
- Traditional Raspberry or Citrus Candies (Provence, France)
- Huile d’Olive Papillon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (France) – NEW!!
- Vinaigre Balsamique – Italie
- TRU Bee Honey (Franklin, TN)
- Verdant Kitchen Bare Ginger, Crystallized Ginger and Ginger Ale (Savannah, GA) – NEW!!
- Carolina Plantation Rice and Grits (Darlington, SC) – NEW!!
- Bang Bang Candy Company Simple Syrups (Nashville, TN) – NEW!!
- McClary Bros. Scrub Sodas (Detroit, MI) – NEW!!
- Hughes Farm Sorghum Syrup (Young Harris, GA) – NEW!!
- Georgia Olive Farms Olive Oil (Lakeland, GA) – NEW!!
- Cacao Atlanta Salame Di Cioccolato (Atlanta, GA) – NEW!!
- Rancho Gordo Beans
- Yellow Eye
- Ayocote Blanco
- The Spotted Trotter Artisan T-Shirts (3 styles)
- Reusable The Spotted Trotter Grocery Bags (only $3 each!)
- Meat Bucks (Gift Certificates!)
- MEATPAPER Quarterly Periodical
- Culture Magazine
- Assorted On-Topic Hardcover Books (miscellaneous authors)