Menu for the Week of March 2, 2015 — The Spotted Trotter is a Bulldog 100 Recipient!
After last week’s weather, we could not be more excited to write the word “March” in our title and say good-bye to February! Spring is almost here, which means beautiful weather, grilling out, farmers markets opening back up, and patio weather at The Cockentrice! If you haven’t been in yet, you know the menu will be changing with the seasons, so don’t miss your opportunity to try the Winter Menu before it’s gone! Creative Loafing and John Kessler of the AJC loved it (3 of 4 stars!) — click HERE and HERE to read the awesome write-ups — and we hope you will too!
In Spotted Trotter news, we also wanted to share some really cool news that happened during our winter slumber, and thank you all for the vital role you played to make it happen. In February, Spotted Trotter was named No. 12 on the Bulldog 100 List! Nominations for the 2015 Bulldog 100 were accepted between January and May 2014. To be considered for the list, each organization must have been in business for at least five years and be owned or operated by a former UGA student who owns at least 50 percent of the company or be the CEO, president or managing partner. The Bulldog 100 recognizes the fastest-growing businesses regardless of size by focusing on a three-year compounded annual growth rate. As many of you know, Kevin is a Grady College alum (from his pre-chef days), and Megan was a Terry College and Law School grad. Glad to know our UGA degrees are paying off, and it was such an honor to be nominated, and to then rank 12th on the list! It has been no small feat to grow this kind of business in these last several years, but we cannot thank you all enough for your support and commitment to small business, good food, and community. We wouldn’t be here without you, but let’s try to break the top 10 this year!
Remember new hours at both Spotted Trotter locations, including Hosea being open on Mondays now!
11 AM – 7 PM Monday through Friday
10 AM – 7 PM on Saturdays
11 AM – 6 PM on Sundays!
- Sweet Hot Italian
- Mexican Chorizo
- Cherry & Pork
- Lamb Linguica
- Chicken, Pear, and Chevre
- Rabbit Boudin
- Bacon Cheeseburger
Primal Cuts / Prepared Items
- These items are available only at the retail shop! Custom cuts available at Krog St.!!
- Hanger Steaks (Brasstown)
- Dry Aged Ribeyes
- Dry Aged New York Strip Steak
- Center Cut Pork Chops
- Pork Shoulder
- Whole Rabbits
- Quail (Manchester Farms)
- Whole Chickens (White Oak Pastures)
- Creole Smoked Whole Chickens
- Corned Beef
- D’Artagnan Duck Breasts (Hudson Valley)
- Burger Blend
- Leaf Lard – (Perfect for making biscuits!)
- Chicken Liver with Arkansas Black Apple & Ginger Aspic
- Rabbit Liver with Spicy Mayhaw Aspic
- Duck Liver Pate with Wild Cherry and Clementine
- Pork Rillettes with Herb Butter
- Pate Campagne
Whole Muscle or Cured
- Prosciutto (10 month & 12 month)
- Smoked Guanciale
- Pancetta (Calabrian Chili)
- Pancetta w/ Three Herbs
- Duck Prosciutto
- Duck & Mushroom
- Spanish Chorizo
- Fegatelli Snack Sticks
- Petit Sec Snack Sticks
- Black Pepper Sorghum
- Rosette de Lyon
- Saucisson a L’ail
- Salami Cotto
- Hot Dogs
- All Beef
- Pork & Beef
- Veal Bologna
- Bacon Ends- perfect for Salads, Soups, and Sautes!
- “The Original” — Sorghum and Cracked Black Pepper
- Tasso Ham
- Paris Ham
- Femur Cut Marrow Bones
- Bacon Butter –NEW!!
- Smoked Pig Parts
- Duck Fat
- Stocks, Oxtails, and Trotters, Oh My! – (you never know what we have in stock…)
- Many Fold Farm Eggs
- Sweet Southern
- Peppered Umami
- Dancing Fern (Sequatchie Cove)
- Nickeljack (Sequatchie Cove)
- Waypoint (Caly Road Creamery)
- Big Bloomy (Caly Road Creamery)
- Red Top (Caly Road Creamery)
- Assorted baguettes, pretzel bread, and hot dog buns from H&F Bread Co.
- Beautiful Briny Sea Assorted Sea Salts (Atlanta, GA)
- TAZA Stone Ground Assorted Chocolates (Somerville, MA)
- Bluegrass Bourbon Barrel Foods Soy Sauce and Worcestershire Sauce (Kentucky)
- Earth Biscuit Foods Crackers (Atlanta, GA)
- Sfoglini Pasta (Brooklyn, New York) – BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!!
- Edmond Fallot Grain Mustard (Dijon, France) – NEW!!
- Traditional Raspberry or Citrus Candies (Provence, France)
- Huile d’Olive Papillon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (France) – NEW!!
- Vinaigre Balsamique – Italie
- TRU Bee Honey (Franklin, TN)
- Verdant Kitchen Bare Ginger, Crystallized Ginger and Ginger Ale (Savannah, GA) – NEW!!
- Carolina Plantation Rice and Grits (Darlington, SC) – NEW!!
- Bang Bang Candy Company Simple Syrups (Nashville, TN) – NEW!!
- McClary Bros. Scrub Sodas (Detroit, MI) – NEW!!
- Hughes Farm Sorghum Syrup (Young Harris, GA) – NEW!!
- Georgia Olive Farms Olive Oil (Lakeland, GA) – NEW!!
- Cacao Atlanta Salame Di Cioccolato (Atlanta, GA) – NEW!!
- Rancho Gordo Beans
- Yellow Eye
- Ayocote Blanco
- The Spotted Trotter Artisan T-Shirts (3 styles)
- Reusable The Spotted Trotter Grocery Bags (only $3 each!)
- Meat Bucks (Gift Certificates!)
- MEATPAPER Quarterly Periodical
- Culture Magazine
- Assorted On-Topic Hardcover Books (miscellaneous authors)