Menu for the Week of June 9, 2014 – Happy Fathers’ Day!
Happy (almost) Fathers’ Day Everyone!
Fathers’ Day is here once again, and we are gearing up at The Spotted Trotter for a fantastic weekend. What better excuse to fire up the grill and cook your father’s favorite Meaty Goodness! Or get him that amazing gift of beef jerky and salumi? Here’s your chance to be the favorite child! As far as we’re concerned, Father’s Day should be filled with family, fun, and MEAT!
What is/was your father’s favorite meat dish? One of our employees reports that her father loves good old fashioned Italian meatballs made with our burger blend – even in the summer heat. Her father-in-law loves a ribeye – classic! And her brother-in-law, who is a father, always requests some beautiful grilled sausages. We have all of that at The Spotted Trotter and LOTS MORE MEAT!! And don’t forget to pick up those delicious H&F Bread buns to go with your meat — we think we’ll order some extra to have in the shop for this very special weekend.
This year, the employee we mentioned above won’t be celebrating Father’s Day with her father, and she hasn’t been able to in 14 years due to the miles between them. However, as we were talking about this post, she decided that this weekend she’ll take home our burger blend and make the meatballs her father loves so much, in his honor, and enjoy every bite. Even if your dad is far away this weekend, we think you should do the very same thing.
Stay Hungry, Atlanta!
- Lamb Merguez
- Sweet Hot Italian
- Mexican Chorizo
- Cherry & Pork
Primal Cuts / Prepared Items
- These items are available only at the retail shop!
- Dry-Aged Ribeyes (Brasstown and Meyer)
- NY Strip (Brasstown)
- Hanger Steaks (Brasstown)
- Center Cut Pork Chops
- Quail (Manchester Farms)
- Whole Rabbits (Rabbit Man Farms)
- Creole Smoked Whole Chickens
- Corned Beef
- Magret Moulard Duck Breasts (Hudson Valley)
- Burger Blend
- Leaf Lard – (Perfect for making biscuits!)
- Chicken Liver with Arkansas Black Apple & Ginger Aspic
- Rabbit Liver with Spicy Mayhaw Aspic
- Duck Liver Pate with Wild Cherry and Clementine
- Pork Rillettes with Herb Butter
Whole Muscle or Cured
- Prosciutto (10 month & 12 month)
- Smoked Guanciale
- Pancetta (Calabrian Chili)
- Pancetta w/ Three Herbs
- Duck Prosciutto
- Asian Lamb
- Pork and Mayhaw
- Tasso w/Golden Raisins
- Spanish Chorizo
- Hunter Salami
- Fegatelli Snack Sticks
- Petit Sec Snack Sticks
- Black Pepper Sorghum
- Rosette de Lyon
- Saucisson a L’ail
- Salami Cotto
- Hot Dogs
- All Beef
- Pork & Beef
- Veal Bologna
- Gullah Hams
- “The Original” — Sorghum and Cracked Black Pepper
- Femur Cut Marrow Bones
- Smoked Pig Parts
- Duck Fat
- Stocks, Oxtails, and Trotters, Oh My! – (you never know what we have in stock…)
- Sweet Southern
- Peppered Umami
- Garretts Ferry (Many Fold Farm)
- Condor’s Ruin (Many Fold Farm)
- Dancing Fern (Sequatchie Cove)
- Nickeljack (Sequatchie Cove)
- Waypoint (Caly Road Creamery)
- Red Top (Caly Road Creamery)
- Assorted baguettes, pretzel bread, and hot dog buns from H&F Bakery
- Beautiful Briny Sea Assorted Sea Salts (Atlanta, GA) — New Retail Item!
- TAZA Stone Ground Assorted Chocolates (Somerville, MA) — New Retail Item!
- Bluegrass Bourbon Barrel Foods Soy Sauce (Kentucky) — New Retail Item!
- Roots & Branches Assorted Crackers (Asheville, NC) — New Retail Item!
- Moustard Pommery (Dijon, France) — New Retail Item!
- Malvi Marshmallow Confections (Cumming, GA) — New Retail Item!
- Sfoglini Pasta (NY, NY) — New Retail Item!
- Traditional Raspberry Candies (Provence, France) — New Retail Item!
- TRU Bee Honey (Franklin, TN)
- Rancho Gordo Beans
- Yellow Eye
- Good Mother Stallard
- Goat Eye
- The Spotted Trotter Artisan T-Shirts (3 styles) — New “Day of the Dead Pig” Design in Store!
- Reusable The Spotted Trotter Grocery Bags (only $3 each!)
- Meat Bucks (Gift Certificates!)
- MEATPAPER Quarterly Periodical
- Culture Magazine — New Retail Item!
- Assorted On-Topic Hardcover Books (miscellaneous authors)
- Bacon-Themed Accoutrement