Menu for the Week of June 23, 2014 – The Kickstarter Has Launched – PLEASE READ!
If you never read another post that we write, please don’t overlook this one. Our future literally depends on it.
Dramatic, right? Well, hopefully we got your attention. As many of you know, we are opening a second location of The Spotted Trotter and our very first restaurant later this year at the Krog Street Market complex. What you may not know is that every cent we’ve put into growing our businesses has either come from Small Business Association loans or our own pockets. And as we embark on this next phase, we are completely tapped out.
The journey to find funding for this next phase started almost a year and a half ago, and while we were able to piece together almost everything we needed, we are, unfortunately, about $100,000 short with nowhere else to turn. We have pinched every penny and value engineered every corner of our design, but in the end, all of the equipment you need to “do this right” costs a lot of money. And while it’s amazing news that the economy has rebounded, that only means that construction costs have gone up too.
Since there’s no rich uncle waiting in the wings to write us a check, we thought who better to ask for help in making our dreams come true than the people who made them come true the first time — all of you! Without our loyal friends, family, and customers, we wouldn’t even be considering this next step, so we are hopeful that you believe in us enough to help us one more time.
Please take a look at our campaign by clicking HERE!!! And please share the link with others to help spread the word — https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1424019445/the-spotted-trotters-first-restaurant. We have 45 days to raise the funds, and if you’re not familiar with Kickstarter — IF WE DO NOT RAISE ALL OF THE MONEY, WE GET NONE OF IT. Pretty dramatic, again, right?
Please don’t be intimidated by the amount we need to raise (although we are!). Kickstarter campaigns are successful not because people make large donations, but because of the critical mass of people that can be involved, at whatever giving level, due to the reach of social media. Think of it this way, if just 1000 people each donated $100, we would reach and exceed our goal.
To help us get there, here’s our very specific ask: Please “back” our campaign by making a pledge, at whatever level you are comfortable with. But beyond that, please challenge yourself to gain the committed support of ten additional people in your network. This is the only way that campaigns like this work. And think of it this way — the more friends you peer pressure in to helping, the less you can donate?
Please know that we appreciate your support more than we can say, and we hope that you find a reward that works for you and inspires you to become a backer.
And finally, to the real business at hand: we will be open at The Spotted Trotter on July 4th during regular business hours ready for all of your meaty holiday needs.
Stay Hungry, Atlanta!
- Lamb Merguez
- Sweet Hot Italian
- Mexican Chorizo
- Cherry & Pork
- Rabbit Boudin
- Beer Braut
Primal Cuts / Prepared Items
- These items are available only at the retail shop!
- Dry-Aged Ribeyes (Brasstown and Meyer)
- NY Strip (Brasstown)
- Hanger Steaks (Brasstown)
- Center Cut Pork Chops
- Quail (Manchester Farms)
- Whole Rabbits (Rabbit Man Farms)
- Creole Smoked Whole Chickens
- Corned Beef
- Magret Moulard Duck Breasts (Hudson Valley)
- Burger Blend
- Leaf Lard – (Perfect for making biscuits!)
- Chicken Liver with Arkansas Black Apple & Ginger Aspic
- Rabbit Liver with Spicy Mayhaw Aspic
- Duck Liver Pate with Wild Cherry and Clementine
- Pork Rillettes with Herb Butter
Whole Muscle or Cured
- Prosciutto (10 month & 12 month)
- Smoked Guanciale
- Pancetta (Calabrian Chili)
- Pancetta w/ Three Herbs
- Duck Prosciutto
- Smoked Pork Belly & Gruyere
- Georgia Peaches & Pork
- Spanish Chorizo
- Hunter Salami
- Fegatelli Snack Sticks
- Petit Sec Snack Sticks
- Black Pepper Sorghum
- Rosette de Lyon
- Saucisson a L’ail
- Salami Cotto
- Hot Dogs
- All Beef
- Pork & Beef
- Veal Bologna
- “The Original” — Sorghum and Cracked Black Pepper
- Tasso Ham
- Paris Ham
- Femur Cut Marrow Bones
- Smoked Pig Parts
- Duck Fat
- Stocks, Oxtails, and Trotters, Oh My! – (you never know what we have in stock…)
- Shittake and oyster mushrooms (Sparta Imperial Mushroom and 5th Kingdom)
- Sweet Southern
- Peppered Umami
- Garretts Ferry (Many Fold Farm)
- Condor’s Ruin (Many Fold Farm)
- Dancing Fern (Sequatchie Cove)
- Nickeljack (Sequatchie Cove)
- Waypoint (Caly Road Creamery)
- Red Top (Caly Road Creamery)
- Assorted baguettes, pretzel bread, and hot dog buns from H&F Bakery
- Beautiful Briny Sea Assorted Sea Salts (Atlanta, GA) – New Retail Item!
- TAZA Stone Ground Assorted Chocolates (Somerville, MA) – New Retail Item!
- Bluegrass Bourbon Barrel Foods Soy Sauce (Kentucky) – New Retail Item!
- Roots & Branches Assorted Crackers (Asheville, NC) – New Retail Item!
- Moustard Pommery (Dijon, France) – New Retail Item!
- Malvi Marshmallow Confections (Cumming, GA) – New Retail Item!
- Sfoglini Pasta (NY, NY) — New Retail Item!
- Traditional Raspberry Candies (Provence, France) — New Retail Item!
- TRU Bee Honey (Franklin, TN)
- Rancho Gordo Beans
- Yellow Eye
- Good Mother Stallard
- Goat Eye
- The Spotted Trotter Artisan T-Shirts (3 styles) — New “Day of the Dead Pig” Design in Store!
- Reusable The Spotted Trotter Grocery Bags (only $3 each!)
- Meat Bucks (Gift Certificates!)
- MEATPAPER Quarterly Periodical
- Culture Magazine – New Retail Item!
- Assorted On-Topic Hardcover Books (miscellaneous authors)
- Bacon-Themed Accoutrement