Menu for the Week of June 1, 2015 — Knock Out Your Father’s Day Shopping Early with a Spotted Trotter Butchery Class!
It’s okay if you forgot that Father’s Day was June 21st until you read this post. What’s not okay is if you forget to buy your dad a kick-ass gift when we have now officially given you a three-week heads up!
If you’re looking to make your purchases now and cross this off your To-Do list, here’s what we suggest:
- Spotted Trotter or Cockentrice Gift Card. They don’t spoil!
- A spot for dad (and you?) in our Cheese & Wine Pairing Class Sunday, June 22nd at 7 p.m. at The Cockentrice.
- A spot for dad (and you?) in our first ever Butchery Class on June 15th!
What’s that you say? A butchery class?
That’s what we call burying the lead, right? In addition to our first cheese class, we are thrilled to announce our first ever Butchery Class! Our goal with this class is to give people information that they may actually be able to use at home. First, we’ll break down whole pigs, and then show everyone some fun and inventive things they may not necessarily have thought about doing in their own kitchen. The class will be from 6 to 9 p.m., June 15th at the Krog Street Market location. $200 per person with only eight spots available, and $150 per person if you sign up with a buddy. Exclusive!
To sign up for either the cheese or butchery class, please call either shop (Kirkwood – (404) 254-4958; Krog – (470) 428-2509)), use the online order tab http://thespottedtrotter.com/preorders/, email Scott@thespottedtrotter.com for the cheese class, or Lou@thespottedtrotter.com for the butchery class! The cheese class is already filling up since we announced it last week, so don’t delay!
On the other hand, if you’re thinking you’d rather wait until the weekend before to pick up some goodies for dad, might we recommend that you work with one of our retail associates to put together a gift bag with some charcuterie, cheeses, steaks, jerky, and maybe a t-shirt or something else fun depending on just how much your dad let you get away with when you were younger. We know it might be a little cliche to give dad meat for Father’s Day, but why fight nature. He’s given you so much — give him what he really wants for Father’s Day. And just think — he might even cook up those steaks you give him and let you stay for dinner!
- Sweet Hot Italian
- Mexican Chorizo
- Black Cherry and Pork
- Lamb Merguez
- Beer Braut
- Breakfast Braut
- Boudin Blanc
Primal Cuts / Prepared Items
- These items are available only at the retail shop! Custom cuts available at Krog St.!!
- Hanger Steaks (Brasstown)
- Dry Aged Ribeyes
- Dry Aged New York Strip Steak
- Center Cut Pork Chops
- Pork Shoulder
- Whole Rabbits
- Whole Chickens (White Oak Pastures)
- Creole Smoked Whole Chickens
- Corned Beef
- D’Artagnan Duck Breasts (Hudson Valley)
- Burger Blend
- Leaf Lard – (Perfect for making biscuits!)
- Chicken Liver with Arkansas Black Apple & Ginger Aspic
- Rabbit Liver with Spicy Mayhaw Aspic
- Duck Liver Pate with Wild Cherry and Clementine
- Pork Rillettes with Herb Butter
- Pate Campagne
Whole Muscle or Cured
- Prosciutto (10 month & 12 month)
- Smoked Guanciale
- Pancetta (Calabrian Chili)
- Pancetta w/ Three Herbs
- Duck Prosciutto
- Duck and Fig
- Spanish Chorizo
- Fegatelli Snack Sticks
- Petit Sec Snack Sticks
- Black Pepper Sorghum
- Rosette de Lyon
- Salami Cotto
- Hot Dogs
- All Beef
- Pork & Beef
- Veal Bologna
- Bacon Ends – perfect for Salads, Soups, and Sautes!
- “The Original” — Sorghum and Cracked Black Pepper
- Tasso Ham
- Femur Cut Marrow Bones
- Bacon Butter
- Smoked Pig Parts
- Duck Fat
- Stocks, Oxtails, and Trotters, Oh My! – (you never know what we have in stock…)
- Many Fold Farm Eggs
- Sweet Southern
- Peppered Umami
- Condor’s Ruin (Many Fold Farm)
- Garrets Ferry (Many Fold Farm)
- Cumberland (Sequatchie Cove)
- Waypoint (Caly Road Creamery)
- Big Bloomy (Caly Road Creamery)
- Red Top (Caly Road Creamery)
- Assorted baguettes, pretzel bread, and hot dog buns from H&F Bread Co.
- Beautiful Briny Sea Assorted Sea Salts (Atlanta, GA)
- TAZA Stone Ground Assorted Chocolates (Somerville, MA)
- Bluegrass Bourbon Barrel Foods Soy Sauce and Worcestershire Sauce (Kentucky)
- Sfoglini Pasta (Brooklyn, New York)
- Edmond Fallot Grain Mustard (Dijon, France)
- Traditional Raspberry or Citrus Candies (Provence, France)
- Vinaigre Balsamique – Italie
- TRU Bee Honey (Franklin, TN)
- Verdant Kitchen Bare Ginger, Crystallized Ginger and Ginger Ale (Savannah, GA)
- Carolina Plantation Rice and Grits (Darlington, SC)
- Bang Bang Candy Company Simple Syrups (Nashville, TN)
- McClary Bros. Scrub Sodas (Detroit, MI)
- Hughes Farm Sorghum Syrup (Young Harris, GA)
- Georgia Olive Farms Olive Oil (Lakeland, GA)
- Rancho Gordo Beans
- Yellow Eye
- Ayocote Blanco
- The Spotted Trotter Artisan T-Shirts (3 styles)
- Reusable The Spotted Trotter Grocery Bags (only $3 each!)
- Meat Bucks (Gift Certificates!)
- MEATPAPER Quarterly Periodical
- Culture Magazine