Menu for the Week of July 7, 2014 – It Takes A Village!
They say it takes a village. Many times, we wonder if this is really true in today’s modern society. However, one thing everyone at The Spotted Trotter has realized these past couple of weeks is how true that old saying really is. Sometimes the definition of who the Village is changes, but the Village never actually changes itself. And you are our village.
Our KICKSTARTER has raised 22% of our total funds just in the past 2 weeks (and there was a holiday in there that we know took people’s focus away too)! We couldn’t have done this without you, and we are really proud of this start! However we can’t do this without the support of our entire Village and we need to raise an additional $73,000. Follow our progress by clicking here https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1424019445/the-spotted-trotters-first-restaurant or if you haven’t had a chance to read about our Kickstarter and support us, please do so. We have some awesome gifts and opportunities for everyone that supports us, and after a couple of requests over this past week, we’ve added in additional rewards that hopefully you’ll be excited about:
(1) Several people were disappointed that the pig roast on the Cockentrice porch sold out so quickly and that we only offered one. Well — we are offering 3 more now, so get your friends together and sign up for one of the coolest cookout experiences we can think of!
(2) We’ve added a “Brown Bag” lunch option — When we start opening for lunch, pledge $15 to be able to stop in and grab a lunch to go. Your co-workers will be so jealous!
(3) And here’s the big one for all of you out there who have control of your company’s marketing budgets for holiday parties! We added two holiday party options for $10,000 each during the month of December 2014 to buy-out the restaurant on a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. If you weren’t the person who suggested this, we only offered two, so we recommend you jump on this one! What a great place for a holiday party!
Still, if none of those options are screaming at you, personally, our favorite “pledge” continues to be the buy a brick option. For those of you who have snuck on to the property during construction, you can see how much exposed brick is in our space. Pledge $150 and get your name engraved on the restaurant. Forever be part of our mortar and pestle. Be our Village so that we can be a part of yours! We couldn’t be more grateful to all of you for your support so far! Please share and continue to ask your friends for their commitment as well!
- Lamb Merguez
- Sweet Hot Italian
- Mexican Chorizo
- Cherry & Pork
- English Breakfast Sausage
Primal Cuts / Prepared Items
- These items are available only at the retail shop!
- Dry-Aged Ribeyes (Brasstown and Meyer)
- NY Strip (Brasstown)
- Hanger Steaks (Brasstown)
- Center Cut Pork Chops
- Quail (Manchester Farms)
- Whole Rabbits (Rabbit Man Farms)
- Creole Smoked Whole Chickens
- Corned Beef
- Magret Moulard Duck Breasts (Hudson Valley)
- Burger Blend
- Leaf Lard – (Perfect for making biscuits!)
- Chicken Liver with Arkansas Black Apple & Ginger Aspic
- Rabbit Liver with Spicy Mayhaw Aspic
- Duck Liver Pate with Wild Cherry and Clementine
- Pork Rillettes with Herb Butter
Whole Muscle or Cured
- Prosciutto (10 month & 12 month)
- Smoked Guanciale
- Pancetta (Calabrian Chili)
- Pancetta w/ Three Herbs
- Duck Prosciutto
- Pork w/smoked serrano
- Braised collards
- Peach & Pork
- Spanish Chorizo
- Hunter Salami
- Fegatelli Snack Sticks
- Petit Sec Snack Sticks
- Black Pepper Sorghum
- Rosette de Lyon
- Saucisson a L’ail
- Salami Cotto
- Hot Dogs
- All Beef
- Pork & Beef
- Veal Bologna
- “The Original” — Sorghum and Cracked Black Pepper
- Tasso Ham
- Paris Ham
- Femur Cut Marrow Bones
- Smoked Pig Parts
- Duck Fat
- Stocks, Oxtails, and Trotters, Oh My! – (you never know what we have in stock…)
- Shittake and oyster mushrooms (Sparta Imperial Mushroom and 5th Kingdom)
- Sweet Southern
- Peppered Umami
- Garretts Ferry (Many Fold Farm)
- Condor’s Ruin (Many Fold Farm)
- Dancing Fern (Sequatchie Cove)
- Nickeljack (Sequatchie Cove)
- Waypoint (Caly Road Creamery)
- Red Top (Caly Road Creamery)
- Assorted baguettes, pretzel bread, and hot dog buns from H&F Bakery
- Beautiful Briny Sea Assorted Sea Salts (Atlanta, GA) – New Retail Item!
- TAZA Stone Ground Assorted Chocolates (Somerville, MA) – New Retail Item!
- Bluegrass Bourbon Barrel Foods Soy Sauce (Kentucky) – New Retail Item!
- Roots & Branches Assorted Crackers (Asheville, NC) – New Retail Item!
- Moustard Pommery (Dijon, France) – New Retail Item!
- Malvi Marshmallow Confections (Cumming, GA) – New Retail Item!
- Sfoglini Pasta (NY, NY) — New Retail Item!
- Traditional Raspberry Candies (Provence, France) — New Retail Item!
- TRU Bee Honey (Franklin, TN)
- Rancho Gordo Beans
- Yellow Eye
- Good Mother Stallard
- Goat Eye
- The Spotted Trotter Artisan T-Shirts (3 styles) — New “Day of the Dead Pig” Design in Store!
- Reusable The Spotted Trotter Grocery Bags (only $3 each!)
- Meat Bucks (Gift Certificates!)
- MEATPAPER Quarterly Periodical
- Culture Magazine – New Retail Item!
- Assorted On-Topic Hardcover Books (miscellaneous authors)
- Bacon-Themed Accoutrement