Menu for the Week of July 23, 2012 — Top Five Ways to Support Your Local Farmers Market In The Next Several Months!
As many of you may know, Megan serves on the Community Farmers Markets, Inc. Board of Directors, which is responsible for the administration and growth of the East Atlanta Village and Grant Park Farmers Markets. One plus of this gig is that we are constantly reminded of all the wonderful events occurring in and around Atlanta to support the local food movement. But what good is all this knowledge, if we don’t share it with you!?! While we don’t have the exact details on some of these upcoming events, please keep your eyes peeled for more info!
(1) August has been deemed Atlanta Farmers Market Month. Look for participating restaurants in August to host “Dine Outs” where a portion of their proceeds from a chosen night will be donated to Community Farmers Markets, Inc.! The Spotted Trotter will be participating, and we’ll certainly let you know when our “Dine Out” day is coming up!
(2) Crack in the Sidewalk Farmlet will be hosting a “Bloody Mater” Mixer on August 12th. Summer tomatoes have never tasted so good! Proceeds will support CFM and Slow Food Atlanta’s Terra Madre fund.
(3) A Southern Chef Potluck will occur on August 5th at Serenbe. Perhaps the best selection of southern food you will ever see. Tickets are $125 and proceeds will benefit the incredibly worthy organization Wholesome Wave Georgia, which we mentioned in a prior post.
(4) Do you have a celebrity chef crush? The line-up of chef demos at Grant Park through the end of the season will include the chefs of Yeah Burger!, 4th and Swift, Livingston, Restaurant Eugene, Holeman & Finch, Porter, One Eared Stag, Bocado, Cardamom Hill, Leon’s Full Service, 246, and Woodfire Grill, just to name a few! Come for the celebrity chef viewing, but stay for the amazing local produce!
(5) Slow Food’s Tour de Farm is September 29th-30th. A multi-day bicycle tour that seeks to reconnect the community to their local food sources in and around Atlanta. Don’t fret if wearing tight bicycle shorts isn’t really your thing, there are plenty of ways to participate without riding a bike!
Finally, as I am sure it goes without saving, our local farmers markets are always looking for great volunteers or financial contributions. If you have any interest in learning more about what CFM does, becoming a market volunteer, volunteering at any of the events mentioned above, contributing in-kind services to help CFM or one of the local markets grow, or simply showering us with a bunch of cash you have stashed under your mattress, you can always contact Megan at email@example.com or you can visit either the EAV or GP websites and click on the Contact tabs to learn about volunteer opportunities.
Stay Hungry Atlanta!
- Brandy Rabbit Boudin
- English Breakast
- Lamb Linguica
- SWOT (Sweet Hot Italian)
- Turkey Toulouse
- Spicy Luganega (Northern Italian sausage made with chicken and turkey) – (New Retail Item!)
- Black Cherry & Pork
Primal Cuts / Prepared Items
- These items are available only at the retail shop!
- Dry-Aged Ribeyes (Brasstown)
- NY Strip (Brasstown)
- Hangar Steaks (Brasstown)
- Center Cut Pork Chops (Brasstown)
- Quail (Manchester Farms)
- Whole Rabbits (Rabbit Man Farms)
- Creole Smoked Whole Chickens
- Magret Moulard Duck Breasts (Hudson Valley)
- Chicken Liver with Arkansas Black Apple & Ginger Aspic
- Peppered Rabbit and Pork Liver Pate with Summer Peach Water Aspic – (New Retail Item!)
- Country Pork Rillettes with Herb Butter
Whole Muscle or Cured
- Pancetta (Calabrian Chili)
- Duck Prosciutto
- Smoked Sweet Serrano and Pork – (New Retail Item!)
- Petit Tomato Salami – (New Retail Item celebrating Summer’s tomatoes!)
- Hunter Salami
- Saucisson a l’Ail
- Sorghum & Black Pepper
- Soppressata – (New Retail Item!)
- Spanish Chorizo
- Spicy Salchichon – (New Retail Item!)
- Fegatelli Snack Sticks
- Petit Sec Snack Sticks
- Hot Dogs
- Beef & Pork Belly
- All Beef
- All Lamb
- Veal Bologna
- Smoked Guanciale (Ossabaw jowls)
- “The Original” — Sorghum and Cracked Black Pepper
- Beef Pastrami
- Drunken Pork with Yuzu
- Smoked Chicken and Pheasant with Tasso Wrap
- Pate Gelee (New American Style)
- High Road Craft Ice Cream “Frozen Trotter” Pints
- Femur Cut Marrow Bones
- Duck Fat
- Stocks, Ox Tails, and Trotters, Oh My! – (you never know what we have in stock…)
- Sweet Southern
- Peppered Umami
- Belle Chevre with Herbs de Provence
- Beemster XO (26 month Gouda / The Netherlands)
- Cumberland (Sequatchie Cove)
- Dancing Fern (Sequatchie Cove)
- Gruyere (Greendale Farms)
- Cotswold (Greendale Farms)
- Leiden (Greendale Farms)
- Edam (Greendale Farms)
- Assorted baguettes & pretzel bread from H&F Bakery
- The Spotted Trotter Spiced Blackberry and Peach Jam(onit) (Atlanta, GA) — (New Retail Item!)
- TRU Bee Honey (Franklin, TN)
- Sorghum Syrup (Hughe’s Farm)
- Rancho Gordo Beans
- Yellow Eye
- Good Mother Stallard
- Goat Eye
- Chianti Wine Jelly
- The Spotted Trotter Artisan T-Shirts (3 styles)
- Reusable The Spotted Trotter Grocery Bags (only $3 each!)
- Meat Bucks (Gift Certificates!)
- Assorted Handmade Cutting Boards (Doc’s Woodturning)
- Salami Cutting Boards (Doc’s Woodturning)
- MEATPAPER Quarterly Periodical
- Flavors Magazine
- Assorted On-Topic Hardcover Books (miscellaneous authors)
- Bacon Soap
- Bacon Toothpicks
- Bacon Wallets
- Artisan Metal Spotted Pigs (2 sizes) – (New Retail Item!)
Remember, you can always use our online order form to reserve your order in advance.