Menu for the Week of January 6, 2014 ~ HAPPY NEW YEAR
Hello all you Good Meat Marauders and Happy New Year,
We hope you made it through the holidays with lots of regrets, too much drinking, and many great memories! In the efforts that you did throw your diet into a frenzy with any bad foods or too much shrimp cocktail, here at the Trotter we have a lot to get you back to square! We have been busy at work developing some new recipes for your new winter meaty needs. Just to wet your whistle and to get you in the door , we want to fill you in on a few items that we are going to have available this week. We have just finished the final workings of a delicious batch of our Big Beef Mortadella, traditional in size but unique in flavor we add a unctuous blend of our old world southern peppers and finish it with garlic, and smoked sumac. Also on the menu this week; an Italian Classic, we developed this recipe over about three different years of trying to get the flavor and texture just right and alas, it is finally here, our delicious Cotechino, it is well worth the wait; we brined and cooked the skins in a delicious aromatic blend of Italian herbs and then blended the skins into a bounty of herbaceous Pork, delicious on lentils or Polenta. We have also rounded out the menu this week with our creamy Rabbit Boursin, delicious and tender cuts of locally pastured rabbit blended with our house made Boursin cheese with with lost of fresh herbs….Come on down Atlanta. Get back on track and get in gear, in the right step and in the best direction of eating right! We will be in the shop and we have one last announcement………
The Decatur Farmers Market…Here we come! Come see us at the Decatur Farmers Market http://decaturfarmersmarket.com/wordpress/ , from 3:00-6:00 starting on Wednesday January 15. Meat Master Hunter Keels will be at the Market Hawking our charcuterie wares, for all you determined & delicious meat eaters of Decatur, just an FYI, we will only be selling our hard salamis, smoked meats, pates, and cheeses! So come bring it and get the Good Meat feelings you have set in your sights and your resolutions for 2014! See you at the Market, thank you Southern Good Meat Maunders for all of your support and remembering to……
EAT GOOD MEAT!!
- English Breakfast
- Chicken Currywurst
- Lamb Merguez
- Sweet Hot Italian
- Rabbit Boursin
- Rise up Chicken Red Hot
Primal Cuts / Prepared Items
- These items are available only at the retail shop!
- Dry-Aged Ribeyes (Brasstown and Meyer)
- NY Strip (Brasstown)
- Hanger Steaks (Brasstown)
- Center Cut Pork Chops (Brasstown)
- Quail (Manchester Farms)
- Whole Rabbits (Rabbit Man Farms)
- Creole Smoked Whole Chickens
- Magret Moulard Duck Breasts (Hudson Valley)
- Gullah Ham
- Leaf Lard – (Perfect for making biscuits!)
- Chicken Liver with Arkansas Black Apple & Ginger Aspic
- Rabbit Liver with Spicy Mayhaw Aspic
- Duck Liver Pate with Wild Cherry and Clementine
- Pork Rillettes with Herb Butter
Whole Muscle or Cured
- Prosciutto (10 month & 12 month)
- Smoked Guanciale
- Pancetta (Calabrian Chili)
- Pancetta w/ Three Herbs
- Duck Prosciutto
Lamb and Feta..YUM!
- Spanish Chorizo
- Hunter Salami
- Fegatelli Snack Sticks
- Petit Sec Snack Sticks
- Black Pepper Sorghum
- Rosette de Lyon
- Saucisson a L’ail
- Lamb Xuong
- Salami Cotto
- Duck Salami with Pine Nuts
- Hot Dogs
- All Beef
- Pork & Beef
- Veal Bologna
- Gullah Hams
- “The Original” — Sorghum and Cracked Black Pepper
- Bacon and Roasted Mushroom
- Pork Belly Wrapped Fig with Pistachio
- High Road Craft Ice Cream “Frozen Trotter” Pints
- Femur Cut Marrow Bones
- Duck Fat
- Stocks, Ox Tails, and Trotters, Oh My! – (you never know what we have in stock…)
- Sweet Southern
- Peppered Umami
- Stackhouse (Spinning Spider)
- Fortsonia (Nature’s Harmony) (Limited Run)
- Ardi Gasna (Pyrenees Mountains)
- Bayley Hazen Blue (Jasper Hill Farm)
- Big Bloomy (Caly Rd.)
- Georgia Gold (Nature’s Harmony)
- Hunkadora (Prodigal Farm)
- Rocky Battle Blue (Sequatchie Cove)
- Cumberland (Sequatchie Cove)
- Dancing Fern (Sequatchie Cove)
- Bloomsbury (Caramont Farm)
- Assorted baguettes, pretzel bread, and hot dog buns from H&F Bakery
- The Spotted Trotter Citron Curd — New Retail Item!
- The Spotted Trotter Persimmon and Apple Butter — New Retail Item!
- Beautiful Briny Sea Assorted Sea Salts (Atlanta, GA) — New Retail Item!
- TAZA Stone Ground Assorted Chocolates (Somerville, MA) — New Retail Item!
- Bluegrass Bourbon Barrel Foods Soy Sauce (Kentucky) — New Retail Item!
- Roots & Branches Assorted Crackers (Asheville, NC) — New Retail Item!
- TRU Bee Honey (Franklin, TN)
- Rancho Gordo Beans
- Yellow Eye
- Good Mother Stallard
- Goat Eye
- The Spotted Trotter Artisan T-Shirts (3 styles) — New “Day of the Dead Pig” Design in Store!
- Reusable The Spotted Trotter Grocery Bags (only $3 each!)
- Meat Bucks (Gift Certificates!)
- MEATPAPER Quarterly Periodical
- Flavors Magazine
- Brother Magazine — New Retail Item!
- Assorted On-Topic Hardcover Books (miscellaneous authors)
- Bacon-Themed Accoutrements (assorted)