Menu for the Week of January 5, 2015 – Let The Good Times Roll!
Things are on a roll with The Spotted Trotter. With the new location at the Krog Street Market ramping up, and the Hosea location humming along, we couldn’t be more excited for the new year. New sausages, new protein offerings, and new everything is headed your way.
Welcome to The Cockentrice! Get ready to hear that a lot. I’m sure you’ve heard all about the new restaurant so far, but get ready to hear some more. In just our first weekend, we already had some great reviews: Check this one out from Bill Brown at www.tastemade.com — https://www.tastemade.com/places/v/AdadGFIjSuug-y-52DRjhA. We are so honored that he had a great experience! But, before your meal, we recommend bellying up to the bar to order a great cocktail from Tyler and the boys (our favorite….this week….is The Culprit). Most drinks are made with syrups created in-house and some even have Spotted Trotter garnishes that just will not be beat.
Not ready for a full meal but need some charcuterie in your life? When you come in to the restaurant, you’ll see that the entire left hand side of the menu is all of our charcuterie offerings, from which you can pick and choose to create the perfect European meal! You and your party can choose from a transcendent variety of carefully picked salamis, whole cured muscles, and cheese — many of which are not offered to any of our wholesale customers or offered at The Spotted Trotter! If you’re looking for something more substantial, though, fret not. The Cockentrice also offers a vast array of openers, entrees, and shared plates. From oxtail pillows to confit of suckling pig to blue cheese cured rib eye, we’ve covered all the bases. The drinks and the food are only going to be getting better as time goes on, and if you know Chef Kevin, you know each round of the menu won’t stay around for long before he’s creating something new, so you might just want to get on a monthly rotation for coming in to the restaurant so you don’t miss anything!
The Cockentrice is open Tuesday through Sunday. Dinner service is from 5:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. every day, with the bar and charcuterie options available until 12 a.m. Friday and Saturday and 11 p.m. Tuesday-Thursday and Sunday. We’re happy to answer any and all of your questions. Just give us a call at 470-428-2733 or visit us at 99 Krog Street, Atlanta, Georgia 30307. For those of you who are looking for lunch options, our Krog Street charcuterie is open daily and has plenty of goodies for you to snack on in the market or take home and prepare!
- Sweet Hot Italian
- Mexican Chorizo
- Cherry & Pork
- Chicken, Pear, and Goat Cheese
- Bacon and Greens
Primal Cuts / Prepared Items
- These items are available only at the retail shop! Custom cuts available at Krog St.!!
- Hanger Steaks (Brasstown)
- Dry Aged Ribeyes
- Dry Aged New York Strip Steak
- Center Cut Pork Chops
- Pork Shoulder
- Quail (Manchester Farms)
- Whole Rabbits (Rabbit Man Farms)
- Whole Chickens (White Oak Pastures)
- Creole Smoked Whole Chickens
- Corned Beef
- Magret Moulard Duck Breasts (Hudson Valley)
- Burger Blend
- Leaf Lard – (Perfect for making biscuits!)
- Chicken Liver with Arkansas Black Apple & Ginger Aspic
- Rabbit Liver with Spicy Mayhaw Aspic
- Duck Liver Pate with Wild Cherry and Clementine
- Pork Rillettes with Herb Butter
- Pate Campagne
Whole Muscle or Cured
- Prosciutto (10 month & 12 month)
- Smoked Guanciale
- Pancetta (Calabrian Chili)
- Pancetta w/ Three Herbs
- Duck Prosciutto
- Burgundy Beef
- Spanish Chorizo
- Hunter Salami
- Fegatelli Snack Sticks
- Petit Sec Snack Sticks
- Black Pepper Sorghum
- Rosette de Lyon
- Saucisson a L’ail
- Salami Cotto
- Hot Dogs
- All Beef
- Pork & Beef
- Veal Bologna
- Bacon Ends- perfect for Salads, Soups, and Sautes!
- “The Original” — Sorghum and Cracked Black Pepper
- Tasso Ham
- Paris Ham
- Femur Cut Marrow Bones
- Bacon Butter –NEW!!
- Smoked Pig Parts
- Duck Fat
- Stocks, Oxtails, and Trotters, Oh My! – (you never know what we have in stock…)
- Sweet Southern
- Peppered Umami
- Dancing Fern (Sequatchie Cove)
- Nickeljack (Sequatchie Cove)
- Waypoint (Caly Road Creamery)
- Big Bloomy (Caly Road Creamery)
- Red Top (Caly Road Creamery)
- Assorted baguettes, pretzel bread, and hot dog buns from H&F Bread Co.
- Beautiful Briny Sea Assorted Sea Salts (Atlanta, GA)
- TAZA Stone Ground Assorted Chocolates (Somerville, MA)
- Bluegrass Bourbon Barrel Foods Soy Sauce and Worcestershire Sauce (Kentucky)
- Earth Biscuit Foods Crackers (Atlanta, GA)
- Moustard Pommery (Dijon, France)
- Edmond Fallot Grain Mustard (Dijon, France) – NEW!!
- Traditional Raspberry or Citrus Candies (Provence, France)
- Huile d’Olive Papillon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (France) – NEW!!
- Vinaigre Balsamique – Italie
- TRU Bee Honey (Franklin, TN)
- Verdant Kitchen Crystallized Ginger and Ginger Ale (Savannah, GA) – NEW!!
- Carolina Plantation Rice and Grits (Darlington, SC) – NEW!!
- Bang Bang Candy Company Simple Syrups (Nashville, TN) – NEW!!
- Frali Gourmet Pastas (Savannah, GA) – NEW!!
- McClary Bros. Scrub Sodas (Detroit, MI) – NEW!!
- Hughes Farm Sorghum Syrup (Young Harris, GA) – NEW!!
- Georgia Olive Farms Olive Oil (Lakeland, GA) – NEW!!
- Rancho Gordo Beans
- Yellow Eye
- Good Mother Stallard
- Goat Eye
- The Spotted Trotter Artisan T-Shirts (3 styles)
- Reusable The Spotted Trotter Grocery Bags (only $3 each!)
- Meat Bucks (Gift Certificates!)
- MEATPAPER Quarterly Periodical
- Culture Magazine
- Assorted On-Topic Hardcover Books (miscellaneous authors)