Menu for the Week of January 27, 2014 — Waiting All Week for Sunday Night!
Never has the title of this post been more true probably than this week for most Atlantans, as many of us have braved 2 “snow” days. For those without kids, this means likely nothing — lighter traffic or even working at home in your pajamas with a dog or a cat snuggled by your side. For those with kids, though, “snow” in Atlanta can be one of those four letter words — meaning not enough snow for the kids to actually play in, but just enough snow for the kids to be out of school and cooped up with nothing to do but bug you!
Well, whichever category you fall in, sweet relief is on its way in the form of Super Bowl Sunday! We are packed to the ceiling this week with everything you might need for the perfect day of indulgence with friends and family. Particularly delicious and NEW Pecan Slow Smoked Pork and Beef Knockwurst, the Sweet Georgia Brown Beer Brauts, and our Mexican Chorizo for Grilling or used in fun Fiesta style Mexican Dishes! We also have a full house of over 10 different varieties of slow cured Salami’s and Delicious Cheeses and don’t forget the Pate including our delicious Chicken Liver with Arkansas Black Apple, Our Duck Liver Mousse with Cherry and Clemintine Aspic, and our Spicy Rabbit Liver Pate with Mayhaw Aspic, all served well on an H&F Crispy Baguette!
And, while you’re in the shopping local spirit (because of course the roads are just too treacherous to travel very far), stop by our friends at Ale Yeah! on College Avenue to get all of your brewed beverage needs fulfilled for the big game. Need something sweet for halftime? If you were foolish enough not to pick up some Malvi Marshmallow Confections when you were checking out at The Spotted Trotter, hop on over to Revolution Doughnuts after you set your beers down and pick up some doughnuts for the group. You’ll be glad you did! And yeah to small businesses!
Don’t forget we are now at the Decatur Farmers Market on Wednesdays (it’s year-round so support your freezing farmers!) and if you ever order from The Turnip Truck, they are offering our products now as well. January is supposed to be a slow month for food businesses, but I guess no one told us!
Please keep voting once a day for us in the Fed Ex Small Business Contest [CLICK HERE IT’S EASY!] through February 23rd and Stay Hungry Atlanta!
- English Breakfast
- Chicken Currywurst
- Beet Borderlaise
- Beer Braut
- Lamb Merguez
- Sweet Hot Italian
- Cherry and Pork
- NEW Knckwurst
Primal Cuts / Prepared Items
- These items are available only at the retail shop!
- Dry-Aged Ribeyes (Brasstown and Meyer)
- NY Strip (Brasstown)
- Hanger Steaks (Brasstown)
- Center Cut Pork Chops (Brasstown)
- Quail (Manchester Farms)
- Whole Rabbits (Rabbit Man Farms)
- Creole Smoked Whole Chickens
- Magret Moulard Duck Breasts (Hudson Valley)
- Gullah Ham
- Leaf Lard – (Perfect for making biscuits!)
- Chicken Liver with Arkansas Black Apple & Ginger Aspic
- Rabbit Liver with Spicy Mayhaw Aspic
- Duck Liver Pate with Wild Cherry and Clementine
- Pork Rillettes with Herb Butter
Whole Muscle or Cured
- Prosciutto (10 month & 12 month)
- Smoked Guanciale
- Pancetta (Calabrian Chili)
- Pancetta w/ Three Herbs
- Duck Prosciutto
- Winter Greens and Roasted Pork Belly
- Spanish Chorizo
- Hunter Salami
- Fegatelli Snack Sticks
- Petit Sec Snack Sticks
- Black Pepper Sorghum
- Rosette de Lyon
- Saucisson a L’ail
- Lamb Xuong
- Salami Cotto
- Duck Salami with Pine Nuts
- Hot Dogs
- All Beef
- Pork & Beef
- Veal Bologna
- Gullah Hams
- “The Original” — Sorghum and Cracked Black Pepper
- Bacon and Roasted Mushroom
- Pork Belly Wrapped Fig with Pistachio
- High Road Craft Ice Cream “Frozen Trotter” Pints
- Femur Cut Marrow Bones
- Duck Fat
- Stocks, Ox Tails, and Trotters, Oh My! – (you never know what we have in stock…)
- Sweet Southern
- Peppered Umami
- Stackhouse (Spinning Spider)
- Fortsonia (Nature’s Harmony) (Limited Run)
- Ardi Gasna (Pyrenees Mountains)
- Bayley Hazen Blue (Jasper Hill Farm)
- Big Bloomy (Caly Rd.)
- Georgia Gold (Nature’s Harmony)
- Hunkadora (Prodigal Farm)
- Rocky Battle Blue (Sequatchie Cove)
- Cumberland (Sequatchie Cove)
- Dancing Fern (Sequatchie Cove)
- Bloomsbury (Caramont Farm)
- Assorted baguettes, pretzel bread, and hot dog buns from H&F Bakery
- The Spotted Trotter Citron Curd – New Retail Item!
- The Spotted Trotter Persimmon and Apple Butter – New Retail Item!
- Beautiful Briny Sea Assorted Sea Salts (Atlanta, GA) – New Retail Item!
- TAZA Stone Ground Assorted Chocolates (Somerville, MA) – New Retail Item!
- Bluegrass Bourbon Barrel Foods Soy Sauce (Kentucky) – New Retail Item!
- Roots & Branches Assorted Crackers (Asheville, NC) – New Retail Item!
- TRU Bee Honey (Franklin, TN)
- Rancho Gordo Beans
- Yellow Eye
- Good Mother Stallard
- Goat Eye
- The Spotted Trotter Artisan T-Shirts (3 styles) — New “Day of the Dead Pig” Design in Store!
- Reusable The Spotted Trotter Grocery Bags (only $3 each!)
- Meat Bucks (Gift Certificates!)
- MEATPAPER Quarterly Periodical
- Flavors Magazine
- Brother Magazine – New Retail Item!
- Assorted On-Topic Hardcover Books (miscellaneous authors)
- Bacon-Themed Accoutrements (assorted)