Menu for the Week of February 3, 2014 — We Are Flying High With Delta!
We hope everyone survived Snowpacalypse 2014 and enjoyed the beautiful “I’m sorry!” weather that we were so lucky to have for Super Bowl Sunday. Since it looks like the Groundhog did not see his shadow last week, sounds like we are a Go! for an early Spring! Yippee!
And speaking of things that make us say “Yippee!,” we have been absolutely dying to announce for months now that starting this week, our duck prosciutto and bresaola will be flying daily to Paris, London, Amsterdam, and Frankfurt on select Delta flights! How is this possible you say? Well, we owe it all to Chef Linton Hopkins! As you may or may not be aware, Chef Hopkins was recently selected by Delta to curate in-flight meals for select flights. True to his roots, Chef Hopkins used the opportunity to celebrate the bounty of the South, and he selected our charcuterie as a featured item. For the first three months, he’s featuring our duck prosciutto and bresaola. After that, we’re not sure what he has selected from our curing cave, but let’s just say the sky’s the limit!
A very special thank you to Chef Hopkins for all that he has done and is continuing to do to elevate the conversation about food in our country. We are absolutely humbled to be a part of this amazing opportunity and so proud for Kevin to have started his culinary journey working at Restaurant Eugene — we can barely believe it was only 4 short years ago that working for Chef Hopkins gave Kevin the confidence to travel and learn in Napa and return to this beloved city and start The Spotted Trotter.
Are you feeling the love in this post?!? Let’s keep these good vibes going — please keep voting once a day for us in the Fed Ex Small Business Contest [CLICK HERE IT’S EASY!] through February 23rd…
…and Stay Hungry Atlanta!
- English Breakfast
- Chicken Currywurst
- Lamb Merguez
- Sweet Hot Italian
- Mexican Chorizo
- NEW Knockwurst
- Rise up Chicken Red Hots
Primal Cuts / Prepared Items
- These items are available only at the retail shop!
- Dry-Aged Ribeyes (Brasstown and Meyer)
- NY Strip (Brasstown)
- Hanger Steaks (Brasstown)
- Center Cut Pork Chops (Brasstown)
- Quail (Manchester Farms)
- Whole Rabbits (Rabbit Man Farms)
- Creole Smoked Whole Chickens
- Magret Moulard Duck Breasts (Hudson Valley)
- Gullah Ham
- Leaf Lard – (Perfect for making biscuits!)
- Chicken Liver with Arkansas Black Apple & Ginger Aspic
- Rabbit Liver with Spicy Mayhaw Aspic
- Duck Liver Pate with Wild Cherry and Clementine
- Pork Rillettes with Herb Butter
Whole Muscle or Cured
- Prosciutto (10 month & 12 month)
- Smoked Guanciale
- Pancetta (Calabrian Chili)
- Pancetta w/ Three Herbs
- Duck Prosciutto
- Rabbit and Figs with Pork Belly
- Spanish Chorizo
- Hunter Salami
- Fegatelli Snack Sticks
- Petit Sec Snack Sticks
- Black Pepper Sorghum
- Rosette de Lyon
- Saucisson a L’ail
- Lamb Xuong
- Salami Cotto
- Duck Salami with Pine Nuts
- Hot Dogs
- All Beef
- Pork & Beef
- Veal Bologna
- Gullah Hams
- “The Original” — Sorghum and Cracked Black Pepper
- Bacon and Roasted Mushroom
- Pork Belly Wrapped Fig with Pistachio
- High Road Craft Ice Cream “Frozen Trotter” Pints
- Femur Cut Marrow Bones
- Duck Fat
- Stocks, Ox Tails, and Trotters, Oh My! – (you never know what we have in stock…)
- Sweet Southern
- Peppered Umami
- Stackhouse (Spinning Spider)
- Fortsonia (Nature’s Harmony) (Limited Run)
- Ardi Gasna (Pyrenees Mountains)
- Bayley Hazen Blue (Jasper Hill Farm)
- Big Bloomy (Caly Rd.)
- Georgia Gold (Nature’s Harmony)
- Hunkadora (Prodigal Farm)
- Rocky Battle Blue (Sequatchie Cove)
- Cumberland (Sequatchie Cove)
- Dancing Fern (Sequatchie Cove)
- Bloomsbury (Caramont Farm)
- Assorted baguettes, pretzel bread, and hot dog buns from H&F Bakery
- The Spotted Trotter Citron Curd — New Retail Item!
- The Spotted Trotter Persimmon and Apple Butter — New Retail Item!
- Beautiful Briny Sea Assorted Sea Salts (Atlanta, GA) — New Retail Item!
- TAZA Stone Ground Assorted Chocolates (Somerville, MA) — New Retail Item!
- Bluegrass Bourbon Barrel Foods Soy Sauce (Kentucky) — New Retail Item!
- Roots & Branches Assorted Crackers (Asheville, NC) — New Retail Item!
- TRU Bee Honey (Franklin, TN)
- Rancho Gordo Beans
- Yellow Eye
- Good Mother Stallard
- Goat Eye
- The Spotted Trotter Artisan T-Shirts (3 styles) — New “Day of the Dead Pig” Design in Store!
- Reusable The Spotted Trotter Grocery Bags (only $3 each!)
- Meat Bucks (Gift Certificates!)
- MEATPAPER Quarterly Periodical
- Flavors Magazine
- Brother Magazine — New Retail Item!
- Assorted On-Topic Hardcover Books (miscellaneous authors)
- Bacon-Themed Accoutrements (assorted)