Menu for the Week of February 2, 2015 – Sammiches! New to Krog Street Market
A sammich is not just any type of sandwich. Anyone can throw lunch meat on two slices of bread and have a sandwich. Sammich is a term reserved for only the holiest and mightiest of all sandwiches. A sammich is not made of the best ingredients; it is made of the *right* ingredients. It needs the right meats, and the right cheese(s), the right sauce, the right veggies, and the right kind of bread. Sandwiches make a good snack, but sammiches are forever.
Starting this week, The Spotted Trotter is in the sammich-making business. We heard the cries of our customers loud and clear and are bringing the people of Krog Street Market a delicious assortment of fresh and tasty treats to be enjoyed wherever. We’re taking our savory deli meats and pairing them with the best cheeses our cheese monger, Scout Stroud, has to offer. When you add condiments from The Cockentrice and fresh bread from H&F Bread Co., what you get is a sammich so good you’ll forget about your previous sandwich endeavors. Now you eat only sammiches, You’re now a sammich fiend.
To keep you on your toes, we’ll be changing the menu daily. One day you may find a muffuletta with our old-world style salami cotto and Hope’s Garden tapenade, and the next day a grilled hanger steak sammich with caramelized onions and hog fat mustard. We have your best interest at heart and promise to keep our flavors balanced and never boring. While you may have seen something similar at a sandwich shop, we guarantee you’ve never had anything quite like this before. If you don’t believe us, come to TST2 at KSM and try one for yourself. We know you’ll switch from sandwiches to sammiches for life. Pair your sammich with a bag of Deep River Kettle-Cooked chips and a ginger ale from Verdant Kitchen and you’ll be the envy of your friends and the food court.
Stay tuned for some upcoming changes to our operating hours including opening Mondays at The Spotted Trotter on Hosea!
- Sweet Hot Italian
- Mexican Chorizo
- Cherry & Pork
- 3 Cheese and Parsley
- Bacon and Greens
- Chicken Breakfast with Pear and Goat Cheese
Primal Cuts / Prepared Items
- These items are available only at the retail shop! Custom cuts available at Krog St.!!
- Hanger Steaks (Brasstown)
- Dry Aged Ribeyes
- Dry Aged New York Strip Steak
- Center Cut Pork Chops
- Pork Shoulder
- Quail (Manchester Farms)
- Whole Rabbits (Rabbit Man Farms)
- Whole Chickens (White Oak Pastures)
- Creole Smoked Whole Chickens
- Corned Beef
- D’Artagnan Duck Breasts (Hudson Valley)
- Burger Blend
- Leaf Lard – (Perfect for making biscuits!)
- Chicken Liver with Arkansas Black Apple & Ginger Aspic
- Rabbit Liver with Spicy Mayhaw Aspic
- Duck Liver Pate with Wild Cherry and Clementine
- Pork Rillettes with Herb Butter
- Pate Campagne
Whole Muscle or Cured
- Prosciutto (10 month & 12 month)
- Smoked Guanciale
- Pancetta (Calabrian Chili)
- Pancetta w/ Three Herbs
- Duck Prosciutto
- Burgundy Beef
- Spanish Chorizo
- Hunter Salami
- Fegatelli Snack Sticks
- Petit Sec Snack Sticks
- Black Pepper Sorghum
- Rosette de Lyon
- Saucisson a L’ail
- Salami Cotto
- Hot DogsMortadella
- All Beef
- Pork & Beef
- Veal Bologna
- Bacon Ends- perfect for Salads, Soups, and Sautes!
- BaconTasso Ham
- “The Original” — Sorghum and Cracked Black Pepper
- Paris Ham
- Femur Cut Marrow Bones
- Bacon Butter –NEW!!
- Smoked Pig Parts
- Duck Fat
- Stocks, Oxtails, and Trotters, Oh My! – (you never know what we have in stock…)
- Many Fold Farm Eggs
- Sweet Southern
- Peppered Umami
- Dancing Fern (Sequatchie Cove)
- Nickeljack (Sequatchie Cove)
- Waypoint (Caly Road Creamery)
- Big Bloomy (Caly Road Creamery)
- Red Top (Caly Road Creamery)
- Assorted baguettes, pretzel bread, and hot dog buns from H&F Bread Co.
- Beautiful Briny Sea Assorted Sea Salts (Atlanta, GA)
- TAZA Stone Ground Assorted Chocolates (Somerville, MA)
- Bluegrass Bourbon Barrel Foods Soy Sauce and Worcestershire Sauce (Kentucky)
- Earth Biscuit Foods Crackers (Atlanta, GA)
- Sfoglini Pasta (Brooklyn, New York) – BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!!
- Edmond Fallot Grain Mustard (Dijon, France) – NEW!!
- Traditional Raspberry or Citrus Candies (Provence, France)
- Huile d’Olive Papillon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (France) – NEW!!
- Vinaigre Balsamique – Italie
- TRU Bee Honey (Franklin, TN)
- Verdant Kitchen Crystallized Ginger and Ginger Ale (Savannah, GA) – NEW!!
- Carolina Plantation Rice and Grits (Darlington, SC) – NEW!!
- Bang Bang Candy Company Simple Syrups (Nashville, TN) – NEW!!
- McClary Bros. Scrub Sodas (Detroit, MI) – NEW!!
- Hughes Farm Sorghum Syrup (Young Harris, GA) – NEW!!
- Georgia Olive Farms Olive Oil (Lakeland, GA) – NEW!!
- Rancho Gordo Beans
- Yellow Eye
- Ayocote Blanco
- The Spotted Trotter Artisan T-Shirts (3 styles)
- Reusable The Spotted Trotter Grocery Bags (only $3 each!)
- Meat Bucks (Gift Certificates!)
- MEATPAPER Quarterly Periodical
- Culture Magazine
- Assorted On-Topic Hardcover Books (miscellaneous authors)