Menu for the Week of February 17, 2014 — Do You Want to Join the TST Family!?!
Hello Good Meat Marauders!
We have some exciting news — our new Curing Cave is finally finished! We are ready for ramping up production both to “meat” your needs and to get ready for the onslaught of fun that will come with opening our second location at Krog Street Market! But, who is going to sell all of this meat you may be asking yourself? Well, we are thrilled to report that our wonderful Farmers Market Manager, John, was recently promoted to handle all our wholesale sales, which means we’re covered on that side. Where we aren’t covered is at the Farmers Markets! We need a new Farmers Market Manager, and we thought the best place to start might just be with all of you who have taken such an interest in the growth of our business!
If you are the right candidate or know of a possible person that would be good for The Spotted Trotter, please let us know by emailing Megan at Megan@thespottedtrotter.com. This year, we’ll be at 4 markets — Decatur on Wednesday, EAV on Thursday, Peachtree Road on Saturday, and Grant Park on Sunday. The qualified candidate will need to have a working knowledge of quality-made food products, be driven, have an outgoing personality and excellent communication skills, and like to work outside and not afraid of some manual labor, required to set up the tents and load in and load out for each market. This person will need to be VERY ORGANIZED and must be available to work the days mentioned above, but of course that means weekends! This is a full time position and would be wonderful for a student that may be studying food or agriculture or just loves learning about our country’s changing food landscape. Remember also that TST now offers healthcare after 90 days of employment to all of its full time employees, and as you can see from John G. there is certainly room for growth with our Company.
Please contact us or pass this along. And Stay Hungry Atlanta!
- English Breakfast
- Lamb Merguez
- Sweet Hot Italian
- Rise Up Chicken Red Hot
- Brandy Rabbit Boudin
- Chicken Currywurst
Primal Cuts / Prepared Items
- These items are available only at the retail shop!
- Dry-Aged Ribeyes (Brasstown and Meyer)
- NY Strip (Brasstown)
- Hanger Steaks (Brasstown)
- Center Cut Pork Chops (Brasstown)
- Quail (Manchester Farms)
- Whole Rabbits (Rabbit Man Farms)
- Creole Smoked Whole Chickens
- Magret Moulard Duck Breasts (Hudson Valley)
- Gullah Ham
- Leaf Lard – (Perfect for making biscuits!)
- Chicken Liver with Arkansas Black Apple & Ginger Aspic
- Rabbit Liver with Spicy Mayhaw Aspic
- Duck Liver Pate with Wild Cherry and Clementine
- Pork Rillettes with Herb Butter
Whole Muscle or Cured
- Prosciutto (10 month & 12 month)
- Smoked Guanciale
- Pancetta (Calabrian Chili)
- Pancetta w/ Three Herbs
- Duck Prosciutto
- Pork Chops and Applesauce YUMMM!
- Smoked Serrano and Pork
- Spanish Chorizo
- Hunter Salami
- Fegatelli Snack Sticks
- Petit Sec Snack Sticks
- Black Pepper Sorghum
- Rosette de Lyon
- Saucisson a L’ail
- Lamb Xuong
- Salami Cotto
- Duck Salami with Pine Nuts
- Hot Dogs
- All Beef
- Pork & Beef
- Veal Bologna
- Gullah Hams
- “The Original” — Sorghum and Cracked Black Pepper
- Bacon and Roasted Mushroom
- Pork Belly Wrapped Fig with Pistachio
- High Road Craft Ice Cream “Frozen Trotter” Pints
- Femur Cut Marrow Bones
- Duck Fat
- Stocks, Ox Tails, and Trotters, Oh My! – (you never know what we have in stock…)
- Sweet Southern
- Peppered Umami
- Stackhouse (Spinning Spider)
- Fortsonia (Nature’s Harmony) (Limited Run)
- Ardi Gasna (Pyrenees Mountains)
- Bayley Hazen Blue (Jasper Hill Farm)
- Big Bloomy (Caly Rd.)
- Georgia Gold (Nature’s Harmony)
- Hunkadora (Prodigal Farm)
- Rocky Battle Blue (Sequatchie Cove)
- Cumberland (Sequatchie Cove)
- Dancing Fern (Sequatchie Cove)
- Bloomsbury (Caramont Farm)
- Assorted baguettes, pretzel bread, and hot dog buns from H&F Bakery
- The Spotted Trotter Citron Curd — New Retail Item!
- The Spotted Trotter Persimmon and Apple Butter — New Retail Item!
- Beautiful Briny Sea Assorted Sea Salts (Atlanta, GA) — New Retail Item!
- TAZA Stone Ground Assorted Chocolates (Somerville, MA) — New Retail Item!
- Bluegrass Bourbon Barrel Foods Soy Sauce (Kentucky) — New Retail Item!
- Roots & Branches Assorted Crackers (Asheville, NC) — New Retail Item!
- TRU Bee Honey (Franklin, TN)
- Rancho Gordo Beans
- Yellow Eye
- Good Mother Stallard
- Goat Eye
- The Spotted Trotter Artisan T-Shirts (3 styles) — New “Day of the Dead Pig” Design in Store!
- Reusable The Spotted Trotter Grocery Bags (only $3 each!)
- Meat Bucks (Gift Certificates!)
- MEATPAPER Quarterly Periodical
- Flavors Magazine
- Brother Magazine — New Retail Item!
- Assorted On-Topic Hardcover Books (miscellaneous authors)
- Bacon-Themed Accoutrements (assorted)