Menu for the Week of February 10, 2014 — What’s More Romantic Than Meat!?!
Well, yet again, we hope that everyone is surviving or has survived SNOWPACALYPSE PART DEUX! What a crazy winter this has been for us, and we are definitely ready for Spring. But before we say good-bye to the cold weather, we recommend you use it as an excuse to stay in this Valentine’s Day, cozy up next to a fire with that special someone, and perhaps let The Spotted Trotter be the perfect accompaniment to that Marvin Gaye you know you have spinning on the record player to set the mood. We recommend starting out with some salami and cheese and a nice bottle of bubbly. Next, are the sweet steps to the dance we call food love for lovers, how about some delicious cheese like Cumberland from Sequatchie Cove or Meadow Creek’s, semi-soft washed Rind Cow’s Milk, Grayson! Need some salami’s, WE GOT YOU COVERED! This week we have our full menu of available salami, try our delicous Hot Soppressata, Spanish Salchichon, or Chorizo for those that like a little more spice in their lives. For the delicate and floral flavor aficionado we have our Petit Sec, Finocchiona, Rossette de Lyon, and Saucisson a L’ail to name a few. We have a number of delicious other meaty treats to give to your valentine, how about Duck Confit and new this week is the Lamb Mortadella with Toasted Almonds and Dried Figs and don’t forget if your cooking that special Valentines Meal, featured Crepinette this week is the Pork Chops and Applesauce! YUM, YUM, keep talking like that and you never know how the night might end…..?
If you need something sweet BOY do we have you covered! We have a lot of delicious stone ground TAZA Chocolates, Bookie Macarons, Spotted Trotter High Road Ice Cream and the amazing MALVI Marshmallow confections! Point the Arrow and Shoot your food lover right in the heart with some delicious, decadent meats and treats from The Spotted Trotter!
Are you feeling the love in this post?!? Let’s keep these good vibes going — please keep voting once a day for us in the Fed Ex Small Business Contest [CLICK HERE IT’S EASY!] through February 23rd…
…and Stay Hungry Atlanta!
- English Breakfast
- Chicken Currywurst
- Lamb Merguez
- Sweet Hot Italian
- NEW Knockwurst
- Parsley and Cheese
Primal Cuts / Prepared Items
- These items are available only at the retail shop!
- Dry-Aged Ribeyes (Brasstown and Meyer)
- NY Strip (Brasstown)
- Hanger Steaks (Brasstown)
- Center Cut Pork Chops (Brasstown)
- Quail (Manchester Farms)
- Whole Rabbits (Rabbit Man Farms)
- Creole Smoked Whole Chickens
- Magret Moulard Duck Breasts (Hudson Valley)
- Gullah Ham
- Leaf Lard – (Perfect for making biscuits!)
- Chicken Liver with Arkansas Black Apple & Ginger Aspic
- Rabbit Liver with Spicy Mayhaw Aspic
- Duck Liver Pate with Wild Cherry and Clementine
- Pork Rillettes with Herb Butter
Whole Muscle or Cured
- Prosciutto (10 month & 12 month)
- Smoked Guanciale
- Pancetta (Calabrian Chili)
- Pancetta w/ Three Herbs
- Duck Prosciutto
- Pork Chops and Applesauce YUMMM!
- Spanish Chorizo
- Hunter Salami
- Fegatelli Snack Sticks
- Petit Sec Snack Sticks
- Black Pepper Sorghum
- Rosette de Lyon
- Saucisson a L’ail
- Lamb Xuong
- Salami Cotto
- Duck Salami with Pine Nuts
- Hot Dogs
- All Beef
- Pork & Beef
- Veal Bologna
- Gullah Hams
- “The Original” — Sorghum and Cracked Black Pepper
- Bacon and Roasted Mushroom
- Pork Belly Wrapped Fig with Pistachio
- High Road Craft Ice Cream “Frozen Trotter” Pints
- Femur Cut Marrow Bones
- Duck Fat
- Stocks, Ox Tails, and Trotters, Oh My! – (you never know what we have in stock…)
- Sweet Southern
- Peppered Umami
- Stackhouse (Spinning Spider)
- Fortsonia (Nature’s Harmony) (Limited Run)
- Ardi Gasna (Pyrenees Mountains)
- Bayley Hazen Blue (Jasper Hill Farm)
- Big Bloomy (Caly Rd.)
- Georgia Gold (Nature’s Harmony)
- Hunkadora (Prodigal Farm)
- Rocky Battle Blue (Sequatchie Cove)
- Cumberland (Sequatchie Cove)
- Dancing Fern (Sequatchie Cove)
- Bloomsbury (Caramont Farm)
- Assorted baguettes, pretzel bread, and hot dog buns from H&F Bakery
- The Spotted Trotter Citron Curd – New Retail Item!
- The Spotted Trotter Persimmon and Apple Butter – New Retail Item!
- Beautiful Briny Sea Assorted Sea Salts (Atlanta, GA) – New Retail Item!
- TAZA Stone Ground Assorted Chocolates (Somerville, MA) – New Retail Item!
- Bluegrass Bourbon Barrel Foods Soy Sauce (Kentucky) – New Retail Item!
- Roots & Branches Assorted Crackers (Asheville, NC) – New Retail Item!
- TRU Bee Honey (Franklin, TN)
- Rancho Gordo Beans
- Yellow Eye
- Good Mother Stallard
- Goat Eye
- The Spotted Trotter Artisan T-Shirts (3 styles) — New “Day of the Dead Pig” Design in Store!
- Reusable The Spotted Trotter Grocery Bags (only $3 each!)
- Meat Bucks (Gift Certificates!)
- MEATPAPER Quarterly Periodical
- Flavors Magazine
- Brother Magazine – New Retail Item!
- Assorted On-Topic Hardcover Books (miscellaneous authors)
- Bacon-Themed Accoutrements (assorted)