Menu for the Week of December 8, 2014 – The Cheeseman Cometh to Krog This Saturday, December 13th!
Greetings fellow turophiles!
Do you like cheese? Of course you do. We all like cheese. Do you know who else likes cheese? Cheese mongers. People who dedicate their life to the art of cheese definitely have a certain “je ne sais quoi”, wouldn’t you say? Our man Scott can tell you more about cheese than you ever dreamed about knowing. It’s always exciting to taste and learn about new cheeses. That’s why we are glad to feature a special guest this coming Saturday, December 13th. Tim “The Cheese Man” Gaddis is coming by for a special event inside our new restaurant, The Cockentrice (open for dinner service starting the 26th of this month WE HOPE — stay tuned for exact details).
Tim, formerly of Star Provisions, comes to us for the day from the fine folks at Many Fold Farm, where he is laying down some serious business — cheese business — as their sales and operations manager of their creamery. Tim is also an active member of the American Cheese Society, where he has been honored with being selected as a Judge for the ACS’s Annual Conference in 2009 and again in 2012. This coming Saturday, “Atlanta’s top purveyor of cheese” will be honoring all of us with a special cheese tasting of Many Fold Farms fine array of cheese offerings. He will share all the knowledge and passion for cheese that make him one of the top people in his field and just a fun guy to talk with. Worry not, fellow oenophilliacs, there will be wine to go with all the cheese. Wine tastings will be paired with the cheeses brought by Tim. This event is free for anyone who graces us with their presence at the new Krog shop!
All this is just another glimpse into the world of food that we here at the Spotted Trotter and The Cockentrice aim to bring to the fine folks of Atlanta.
We will see you soon!
Stay Hungry, and Eat Good Meat!
- Sweet Hot Italian
- Mexican Chorizo
- Cherry & Pork
- Chicken, Pear, and Goat Cheese
- Bacon Cheeseburger
Primal Cuts / Prepared Items
- These items are available only at the retail shop! Custom cuts available at Krog St.!!
- Hanger Steaks (Brasstown)
- Dry Aged Ribeyes
- Dry Aged New York Strip Steak
- Center Cut Pork Chops
- Pork Shoulder
- Quail (Manchester Farms)
- Whole Rabbits (Rabbit Man Farms)
- Whole Chickens (White Oak Pastures)
- Creole Smoked Whole Chickens
- Corned Beef
- Magret Moulard Duck Breasts (Hudson Valley)
- Burger Blend
- Leaf Lard – (Perfect for making biscuits!)
- Chicken Liver with Arkansas Black Apple & Ginger Aspic
- Rabbit Liver with Spicy Mayhaw Aspic
- Duck Liver Pate with Wild Cherry and Clementine
- Pork Rillettes with Herb Butter
- Pate Campagne
Whole Muscle or Cured
- Prosciutto (10 month & 12 month)
- Smoked Guanciale
- Pancetta (Calabrian Chili)
- Pancetta w/ Three Herbs
- Duck Prosciutto
- Rabbit and Fig
- Spanish Chorizo
- Hunter Salami
- Fegatelli Snack Sticks
- Petit Sec Snack Sticks
- Black Pepper Sorghum
- Rosette de Lyon
- Saucisson a L’ail
- Salami Cotto
- Hot DogsVeal Bologna
- All Beef
- Pork & Beef
- BaconBacon Ends- perfect for Salads, Soups, and Sautes!
- “The Original” — Sorghum and Cracked Black Pepper
- Tasso Ham
- Paris Ham
- Femur Cut Marrow Bones
- Bacon Butter –NEW!!
- Smoked Pig Parts
- Duck Fat
- Stocks, Oxtails, and Trotters, Oh My! – (you never know what we have in stock…)
- Sweet Southern
- Peppered Umami
- Dancing Fern (Sequatchie Cove)
- Nickeljack (Sequatchie Cove)
- Waypoint (Caly Road Creamery)
- Big Bloomy (Caly Road Creamery)
- Red Top (Caly Road Creamery)
- Assorted baguettes, pretzel bread, and hot dog buns from H&F Bread Co.
- Beautiful Briny Sea Assorted Sea Salts (Atlanta, GA)
- TAZA Stone Ground Assorted Chocolates (Somerville, MA)
- Bluegrass Bourbon Barrel Foods Soy Sauce (Kentucky)
- Earth Biscuit Foods Crackers (Atlanta, GA)
- Moustard Pommery (Dijon, France)
- Traditional Raspberry or Honey Candies (Provence, France)
- TRU Bee Honey (Franklin, TN)
- Carolina Plantation Rice (Darlington, SC) – NEW!!
- Bang Bang Candy Company Simple Syrups and Candies (Nashville, TN) – NEW!!
- Frali Gourmet Pastas (Savannah, GA) – NEW!!
- McClary Bros. Scrub Sodas (Detroit, MI) – NEW!!
- Hughes Farm Sorghum Syrup (Young Harris, GA) – NEW!!
- Rancho Gordo Beans
- Yellow Eye
- Good Mother Stallard
- Goat Eye
- The Spotted Trotter Artisan T-Shirts (3 styles)
- Reusable The Spotted Trotter Grocery Bags (only $3 each!)
- Meat Bucks (Gift Certificates!)
- MEATPAPER Quarterly Periodical
- Culture Magazine
- Assorted On-Topic Hardcover Books (miscellaneous authors)
- Bacon-Themed Accoutrement (Christmas ornaments, Bacon wallets, Bacon Candy!)
- The Spotted Trotter Koozies – NEW!!