Menu for the Week of December 7, 2013 — Will Work Hard for Food!!
I wrote this poem for those who do believe in the work! I wrote this to say thank you to all the people I have met in my life that inspired me through their ability to work hard for what they believed in. I want to thank you, for if I did not learn and appreciate the power and opportunity of hard work, I would not be here today! This is a poem about working (in our food system) for a living.The Offer To work I hail, the road is long, in my mind there is no patience to fail . If I step away, what trouble will come, what things could go wrong? The work is here, the work is here, the work is here. I vowed this space today, a place I wasn’t yesterday, I pushed a little, I hurt a lot, I worked to make it better than it was before. The work is here, the work is here, the work is here. The day is long and the night rides me too, I try so hard, I obligate too much too, but I am never pardoned. The work is here, the work is here, the work is here. Now a new day, the strain of yesterday is pure, solid standing in my way and leads me to my next decision, this time I strive and push to go all the way. I am afraid. I extinguish all my time. I carve the hours from her time, I will taste what I need but I will always want it better. The work is here, the work is here, the work is here. My time spent cleaning it up, is holding me up now, I have support from the passion it developed, it’s something I learned in a small place in my past. The work is here, the work is here, the work is here. Principals and designators less than what they are worth, make signs and encourage excuses for some enabled youth, a truly treacherous curse. But wait the key is here! The work is here, the work is here, the work is here. Some say a perceived triumph is part of this life, no body sees what work that takes. The work is here, should you choose to live it. There are many a task you may ask, “why was it done?”. The work is here, the work is here, the work is here. I own a piece of that pleasure now, the mundane, the pain, the madness, its all mine. After-all, it’s what got me to celebrate my fears. A choice and a commitment led me to this path. The work is here, the work is here, the work is here. I am earning the perfect problems now, I have a place where I can go to argue with my desires. They exceed my expectations. I have new struggles and tender each day for more. To do what you love, there really is no other. This protects my plea to find more passion. I am working hard to earn a seat at that dinner table now. I have faith that hard work is what gets me there. The work is here, the work is here, the work is here.
- Mexican Chorizo
- English Breakfast
- Chicken Currywurst
- Beer Braut
- Lamb Merguez
- Sweet Hot Italian
- Brandy Rabbit Boudin
- Rise up Chicken Red Hot
Primal Cuts / Prepared Items
- These items are available only at the retail shop!
- Dry-Aged Ribeyes (Brasstown and Meyer)
- NY Strip (Brasstown)
- Hanger Steaks (Brasstown)
- Center Cut Pork Chops (Brasstown)
- Quail (Manchester Farms)
- Whole Rabbits (Rabbit Man Farms)
- Creole Smoked Whole Chickens
- Magret Moulard Duck Breasts (Hudson Valley)
- Gullah Ham
- Leaf Lard – (Perfect for making biscuits!)
- Chicken Liver with Arkansas Black Apple & Ginger Aspic
- Rabbit Liver with Spicy Mayhaw Aspic
- Pork Rillettes with Herb Butter
Whole Muscle or Cured
- Prosciutto (10 month & 12 month)
- Smoked Guanciale
- Pancetta (Calabrian Chili)
- Pancetta w/ Three Herbs
- Duck Prosciutto
Rabbit with Pork Belly and Figs!
- Spanish Chorizo
- Hunter Salami
- Fegatelli Snack Sticks
- Petit Sec Snack Sticks
- Black Pepper Sorghum
- Rosette de Lyon
- Saucisson a L’ail
- Lamb Xuong
- Salami Cotto
- Duck Salami with Pine Nuts
- Hot Dogs
- All Beef
- Pork & Beef
- Veal Bologna
- Gullah Hams
- “The Original” — Sorghum and Cracked Black Pepper
- Bacon and Roasted Mushroom
- Pork Belly Wrapped Fig with Pistachio
- High Road Craft Ice Cream “Frozen Trotter” Pints
- Femur Cut Marrow Bones
- Duck Fat
- Stocks, Ox Tails, and Trotters, Oh My! – (you never know what we have in stock…)
- Sweet Southern
- Peppered Umami
- Stackhouse (Spinning Spider)
- Fortsonia (Nature’s Harmony) (Limited Run)
- Ardi Gasna (Pyrenees Mountains)
- Bayley Hazen Blue (Jasper Hill Farm)
- Big Bloomy (Caly Rd.)
- Georgia Gold (Nature’s Harmony)
- Hunkadora (Prodigal Farm)
- Rocky Battle Blue (Sequatchie Cove)
- Cumberland (Sequatchie Cove)
- Dancing Fern (Sequatchie Cove)
- Bloomsbury (Caramont Farm)
- Assorted baguettes, pretzel bread, and hot dog buns from H&F Bakery
- The Spotted Trotter Citron Curd — New Retail Item!
- The Spotted Trotter Persimmon and Apple Butter — New Retail Item!
- Beautiful Briny Sea Assorted Sea Salts (Atlanta, GA) — New Retail Item!
- TAZA Stone Ground Assorted Chocolates (Somerville, MA) — New Retail Item!
- Bluegrass Bourbon Barrel Foods Soy Sauce (Kentucky) — New Retail Item!
- Roots & Branches Assorted Crackers (Asheville, NC) — New Retail Item!
- TRU Bee Honey (Franklin, TN)
- Rancho Gordo Beans
- Yellow Eye
- Good Mother Stallard
- Goat Eye
- The Spotted Trotter Artisan T-Shirts (3 styles) — New “Day of the Dead Pig” Design in Store!
- Reusable The Spotted Trotter Grocery Bags (only $3 each!)
- Meat Bucks (Gift Certificates!)
- MEATPAPER Quarterly Periodical
- Flavors Magazine
- Brother Magazine — New Retail Item!
- Assorted On-Topic Hardcover Books (miscellaneous authors)
- Bacon-Themed Accoutrements (assorted)