Menu for the Week of December 29, 2014 — Say Hello To The Cockentrice!
First off, everyone here at The Spotted Trotter and The Cockentrice would like to thank you for a wonderful year. Thank you all for making this year one we certainly will never forget. Everything has become bigger, better, and tastier throughout the year. Our business has grown, our recipe book has grown, and most importantly our family has grown with new employees and new customers. Without you all, none of this would have been possible — so thank you. But — wait — before 2014 goes into the history books (or at least simultaneously), we have one last final growth spurt to make!
Without further ado, we are giddy to announce that this Friday, January 2nd marks the Grand Opening of our new restaurant The Cockentrice! We will be open for service at 5:30 and ready to show the world what we’ve been working so hard on these past almost 2 years now. Thank you again for everyone who has supported us, especially this past year, as we have pushed as hard as possible to make this dream a reality. We can’t wait to share it with you!
But with all the excitement, don’t forget about our tried and true friend The Spotted Trotter. This week, we are still cranking out lots of product, making everything you need for that last grand party of the year. Fresh sausages, tasty treats, and all sorts of porky goodness for that year-end meal. End the year in style, just like you spent the rest of the year, with the Spotted Trotter on your table.
All the best to you and yours in 2015. This has definitely been a year that we will never forget, and thank you for being a part of this amazing journey!
Stay Hungry in 2015!
- Sweet Hot Italian
- Mexican Chorizo
- Cherry & Pork
- Chicken, Pear, and Goat Cheese
- Three Cheese and Parsley
- Bacon and Greens
Primal Cuts / Prepared Items
- These items are available only at the retail shop! Custom cuts available at Krog St.!!
- Hanger Steaks (Brasstown)
- Dry Aged Ribeyes
- Dry Aged New York Strip Steak
- Center Cut Pork Chops
- Pork Shoulder
- Quail (Manchester Farms)
- Whole Rabbits (Rabbit Man Farms)
- Whole Chickens (White Oak Pastures)
- Creole Smoked Whole Chickens
- Corned Beef
- Magret Moulard Duck Breasts (Hudson Valley)
- Burger Blend
- Leaf Lard – (Perfect for making biscuits!)
- Chicken Liver with Arkansas Black Apple & Ginger Aspic
- Rabbit Liver with Spicy Mayhaw Aspic
- Duck Liver Pate with Wild Cherry and Clementine
- Pork Rillettes with Herb Butter
- Pate Campagne
Whole Muscle or Cured
- Prosciutto (10 month & 12 month)
- Smoked Guanciale
- Pancetta (Calabrian Chili)
- Pancetta w/ Three Herbs
- Duck Prosciutto
- Rabbit and Fig
- Spanish Chorizo
- Hunter Salami
- Fegatelli Snack Sticks
- Petit Sec Snack Sticks
- Black Pepper Sorghum
- Rosette de Lyon
- Saucisson a L’ail
- Salami Cotto
- Hot DogsVeal Bologna
- All Beef
- Pork & Beef
- Bacon Ends- perfect for Salads, Soups, and Sautes!
- “The Original” — Sorghum and Cracked Black Pepper
- Tasso Ham
- Paris Ham
- Femur Cut Marrow Bones
- Bacon Butter –NEW!!
- Smoked Pig Parts
- Duck Fat
- Stocks, Oxtails, and Trotters, Oh My! – (you never know what we have in stock…)
- Sweet Southern
- Peppered Umami
- Dancing Fern (Sequatchie Cove)
- Nickeljack (Sequatchie Cove)
- Waypoint (Caly Road Creamery)
- Big Bloomy (Caly Road Creamery)
- Red Top (Caly Road Creamery)
- Assorted baguettes, pretzel bread, and hot dog buns from H&F Bread Co.
- Beautiful Briny Sea Assorted Sea Salts (Atlanta, GA)
- TAZA Stone Ground Assorted Chocolates (Somerville, MA)
- Bluegrass Bourbon Barrel Foods Soy Sauce (Kentucky)
- Earth Biscuit Foods Crackers (Atlanta, GA)
- Moustard Pommery (Dijon, France)
- Edmond Fallot Grain Mustard (Dijon, France) – NEW!!
- Traditional Raspberry or Citrus Candies (Provence, France)
- Huile d’Olive Papillon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (France) – NEW!!
- Vinaigre Balsamique – Italie
- TRU Bee Honey (Franklin, TN)
- Verdant Kitchen Crystallized Ginger and Ginger Ale (Savannah, GA) – NEW!!
- Carolina Plantation Rice (Darlington, SC) – NEW!!
- Bang Bang Candy Company Simple Syrups (Nashville, TN) – NEW!!
- Frali Gourmet Pastas (Savannah, GA) – NEW!!
- McClary Bros. Scrub Sodas (Detroit, MI) – NEW!!
- Hughes Farm Sorghum Syrup (Young Harris, GA) – NEW!!
- Rancho Gordo Beans
- Yellow Eye
- Good Mother Stallard
- Goat Eye
- The Spotted Trotter Artisan T-Shirts (3 styles)
- Reusable The Spotted Trotter Grocery Bags (only $3 each!)
- Meat Bucks (Gift Certificates!)
- MEATPAPER Quarterly Periodical
- Culture Magazine
- Assorted On-Topic Hardcover Books (miscellaneous authors)