Menu for the Week of December 22, 2014 — “Hark! The Holiday Hours Sing”
It’s amazing how fast this year has flown by, and we can’t believe Christmas is already upon us this week and Hanukkah is almost over! No matter what you’re celebrating, we sincerely hope that we will be a part of your holiday feast(s), and to make sure that happens, please keep reading for some very important information about our holiday hours. Don’t forget — in addition to delicious salumi, cheese, primals, and sausages, we have a lot of fun holiday gifts still for sale as well, like bacon ornaments, hilarious bacon wallets, and gift cards. Perfect for that last minute stocking stuffer!
With that said, please plan ahead — both Spotted Trotter locations will have limited hours on Christmas Eve (10 a.m. to 3 p.m.), and then we will be closed on Christmas Day. Normal store hours for both charcuteries will resume on December 26 — 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. at TST1 on Hosea and 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. at TST2 in the Krog Street Market. We will also be closed New Years Day, but open normal hours on New Years Eve at both locations! We certainly appreciate your understanding regarding these varied hours so that we can all spend some time with family and friends, and hope you will be doing the same! Speaking of family, if by Friday, you find yourself with a case of major cabin fever, and you cannot stand another moment of listening to your cousin play with that obnoxious toy he received from Santa, Friday will be a perfect time to get everyone out of the house to come see the Krog Street Market for the first time if you haven’t already!
And, stay tuned for perhaps our biggest announcement of the year next week. Hint: The ONLY thing on our Christmas List was asking the big man in red for a restaurant opening by the end of the year. We have done everything we can to stay off the naughty list, so let’s see what holiday magic happens in these final two weeks of 2014!
Thank you everyone, Merry Christmas, and Stay Hungry!
- Sweet Hot Italian
- Mexican Chorizo
- Cherry & Pork
- Chicken, Pear, and Goat Cheese
- Bacon Cheeseburger
Primal Cuts / Prepared Items
- These items are available only at the retail shop! Custom cuts available at Krog St.!!
- Hanger Steaks (Brasstown)
- Dry Aged Ribeyes
- Dry Aged New York Strip Steak
- Center Cut Pork Chops
- Pork Shoulder
- Quail (Manchester Farms)
- Whole Rabbits (Rabbit Man Farms)
- Whole Chickens (White Oak Pastures)
- Creole Smoked Whole Chickens
- Corned Beef
- Magret Moulard Duck Breasts (Hudson Valley)
- Burger Blend
- Leaf Lard – (Perfect for making biscuits!)
- Chicken Liver with Arkansas Black Apple & Ginger Aspic
- Rabbit Liver with Spicy Mayhaw Aspic
- Duck Liver Pate with Wild Cherry and Clementine
- Pork Rillettes with Herb Butter
- Pate Campagne
Whole Muscle or Cured
- Prosciutto (10 month & 12 month)
- Smoked Guanciale
- Pancetta (Calabrian Chili)
- Pancetta w/ Three Herbs
- Duck Prosciutto
- Rabbit and Fig
- Spanish Chorizo
- Hunter Salami
- Fegatelli Snack Sticks
- Petit Sec Snack Sticks
- Black Pepper Sorghum
- Rosette de Lyon
- Saucisson a L’ail
- Salami Cotto
- Hot DogsVeal Bologna
- All Beef
- Pork & Beef
- BaconBacon Ends- perfect for Salads, Soups, and Sautes!
- “The Original” — Sorghum and Cracked Black Pepper
- Tasso Ham
- Paris Ham
- Femur Cut Marrow Bones
- Bacon Butter –NEW!!
- Smoked Pig Parts
- Duck Fat
- Stocks, Oxtails, and Trotters, Oh My! – (you never know what we have in stock…)
- Sweet Southern
- Peppered Umami
- Dancing Fern (Sequatchie Cove)
- Nickeljack (Sequatchie Cove)
- Waypoint (Caly Road Creamery)
- Big Bloomy (Caly Road Creamery)
- Red Top (Caly Road Creamery)
- Assorted baguettes, pretzel bread, and hot dog buns from H&F Bread Co.
- Beautiful Briny Sea Assorted Sea Salts (Atlanta, GA)
- TAZA Stone Ground Assorted Chocolates (Somerville, MA)
- Bluegrass Bourbon Barrel Foods Soy Sauce (Kentucky)
- Earth Biscuit Foods Crackers (Atlanta, GA)
- Moustard Pommery (Dijon, France)
- Edmond Fallot Grain Mustard (Dijon, France) – NEW!!
- Traditional Raspberry or Honey Candies (Provence, France)
- Huile d’Olive Papillon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (France) – NEW!!
- Vinaigre Balsamique – Italie
- TRU Bee Honey (Franklin, TN)
- Verdant Kitchen Crystallized Ginger and Ginger Ale (Savannah, GA) – NEW!!
- Carolina Plantation Rice (Darlington, SC) – NEW!!
- Bang Bang Candy Company Simple Syrups and Candies (Nashville, TN) – NEW!!
- Frali Gourmet Pastas (Savannah, GA) – NEW!!
- McClary Bros. Scrub Sodas (Detroit, MI) – NEW!!
- Hughes Farm Sorghum Syrup (Young Harris, GA) – NEW!!
- Rancho Gordo Beans
- Yellow Eye
- Good Mother Stallard
- Goat Eye
- The Spotted Trotter Artisan T-Shirts (3 styles)
- Reusable The Spotted Trotter Grocery Bags (only $3 each!)
- Meat Bucks (Gift Certificates!)
- MEATPAPER Quarterly Periodical
- Culture Magazine
- Assorted On-Topic Hardcover Books (miscellaneous authors)
- Bacon-Themed Accoutrement (Christmas ornaments, Bacon wallets, Bacon Candy!)
- The Spotted Trotter Koozies – NEW!!