Menu for the Week of August 18, 2014 – Creating Neighborhood Partnerships!
As The Spotted Trotter is growing and continuing to evolve, one thing that we have really come to rely on has been the outstanding partnerships we have developed with other small local businesses. So, in this post, we wanted to take just a minute to give two very deserving partners two shout-outs!
First — Neighborhood Vinyl, who created our amazing new logo for The Cockentrice! When we met with them, we shouted a bunch of hopes and dreams and ideas at them, and they nailed it in just about their first try. We love everything the logo says about us and what we are about. And since we know everyone has been to The Spotted Trotter in the past 5 months, you have also seen the awesome vinyl signs on our doors. Neighborhood Vinyl was responsible for the pig containing our store hours, as well as the signs directing you to our Curing and Flavor Caves! Supporting us, supports our neighborhood! And if you have any graphic design needs, Amanda and Kevin should be the first people you call. Let us know if we can make an intro. They epitomize our motto — “Stay Hungry!” because they are growing and hungry for business that inspires them and their community!
Our second shout-out goes to Square Feet Studio — the amazing team of architects behind our new build-out at Krog Street Market. To sum it up, they have been saints — entertaining our endless calls and ideas, sourcing amazing finishes that still fit within our budget, working seamlessly with artists we’ve brought on to the project like Neil Carver of Carver Iron, and just being creative bad-asses in general. We are excited each and every week to see their vision come to life when we stop by the build-out, and if you haven’t snuck a peek recently, you’re in for a real treat: the floors were stained over the weekend, and kitchen and bar areas are completely framed out. It’s becoming so real!
And now, of course, a shout-out for the food! If you haven’t been in to The Spotted Trotter lately, we have some delicious Good Meats for you this week! This week we are rolling in bacon ends. Bacon ends you ask? Well, if you have ever chopped, cut, or diced our bacon for any reason, then you have had our bacon ends. We just did the work for you. Perfect for sautes, salads, soups, snacks, or just about anything! Why wrap bacon around dates when you can just as easily stuff them? Hey — you’re welcome!
See you soon!
Stay Hungry, and Eat Good Meat!
- Lamb Merguez
- Sweet Hot Italian
- Mexican Chorizo
- Cherry & Pork
- Chicken Fresco
Primal Cuts / Prepared Items
- These items are available only at the retail shop!
- Dry-Aged Ribeyes (Brasstown and Meyer)
- NY Strip (Brasstown)
- Hanger Steaks (Brasstown)
- Center Cut Pork Chops
- Quail (Manchester Farms)
- Whole Rabbits (Rabbit Man Farms)
- Creole Smoked Whole Chickens
- Corned Beef
- Magret Moulard Duck Breasts (Hudson Valley)
- Burger Blend
- Leaf Lard – (Perfect for making biscuits!)
- Chicken Liver with Arkansas Black Apple & Ginger Aspic
- Rabbit Liver with Spicy Mayhaw Aspic
- Duck Liver Pate with Wild Cherry and Clementine
- Pork Rillettes with Herb Butter
Whole Muscle or Cured
- Prosciutto (10 month & 12 month)
- Smoked Guanciale
- Pancetta (Calabrian Chili)
- Pancetta w/ Three Herbs
- Duck Prosciutto
- Pork Belly w/Gruyere
- Spanish Chorizo
- Hunter Salami
- Fegatelli Snack Sticks
- Petit Sec Snack Sticks
- Black Pepper Sorghum
- Rosette de Lyon
- Saucisson a L’ail
- Salami Cotto
- Hot Dogs
- All Beef
- Pork & Beef
- Veal Bologna
- “The Original” — Sorghum and Cracked Black Pepper
- Tasso Ham
- Paris Ham
- Femur Cut Marrow Bones
- Smoked Pig Parts
- Duck Fat
- Stocks, Oxtails, and Trotters, Oh My! – (you never know what we have in stock…)
- Sweet Southern
- Peppered Umami
- Garretts Ferry (Many Fold Farm)
- Condor’s Ruin (Many Fold Farm)
- Dancing Fern (Sequatchie Cove)
- Nickeljack (Sequatchie Cove)
- Waypoint (Caly Road Creamery)
- Red Top (Caly Road Creamery)
- Assorted baguettes, pretzel bread, and hot dog buns from H&F Bakery
- Beautiful Briny Sea Assorted Sea Salts (Atlanta, GA)
- TAZA Stone Ground Assorted Chocolates (Somerville, MA)
- Bluegrass Bourbon Barrel Foods Soy Sauce (Kentucky)
- Earth Biscuit Foods Crackers (Atlanta, GA) — NEW!!
- Moustard Pommery (Dijon, France)
- Malvi Marshmallow Confections (Cumming, GA)
- Storico Fresco Pasta (Atlanta, GA) — NEW!!
- Traditional Raspberry or Honey Candies (Provence, France)
- TRU Bee Honey (Franklin, TN)
- Rancho Gordo Beans
- Yellow Eye
- Good Mother Stallard
- Goat Eye
- The Spotted Trotter Artisan T-Shirts (3 styles)
- Reusable The Spotted Trotter Grocery Bags (only $3 each!)
- Meat Bucks (Gift Certificates!)
- MEATPAPER Quarterly Periodical
- Culture Magazine — New Retail Item!
- Assorted On-Topic Hardcover Books (miscellaneous authors)
- Bacon-Themed Accoutrement