Menu for the Week of August 13, 2012 — Reserve Your Spot At CIVIC Part Deux!
Civic / adj. / Of, concerning, or affecting the community or the people.
Things got a little hectic setting up the last CIVIC so we decided to give you and us a little more time to prepare this go around. Additionally, for this month’s event only, in honor of August being Atlanta’s Farmers Market Month, we’ll be donating 5% of our sales from this CIVIC to the East Atlanta and Grant Park Farmers Markets! So of course we want to make sure we sell out.
On August 31st, please join us as we host the second installment of CIVIC. If you missed the first one, first of all, shame on you, and second of all, let us get you up to speed: CIVIC is a night of charcuterie, music, and community that we’ll be hosting on the last Friday of every month on our porch. The themes will rotate, as will our guests of honor, price points, pairing suggestions, and methods (family style v. individual plating, you get the idea!), so even if you make this a monthly occurrence, there’s no way you’re going to get bored!
This month, The Spotted Trotter is Smokin’ Hot! As in, Kevin will be taking diners on a culinary tour of all things smoked, using eight different types of smoke!
The evening will cost you a per person price of $60, which includes gratuity and gets you an Ale Yeah! pint glass to use at the event and take home with you. The courses will be served family style. You just choose your seating time (7:00 p.m. or 9:30 p.m. firm please), and then bring yourself and whatever you want to drink. We’ll take care of the food, cutlery, glasses, and some music. If you’ll be drinking something that needs to be chilled, we’ll have community ice buckets on hand, so no need to bring a cooler.
So what to drink? Well, what goes better with smoked food than BEER? For those who sign up, a couple days in advance we’ll update our UPCOMING EVENTS page to include suggested beer pairings, picked exclusively by Eddie Holley of Decatur’s own Ale Yeah! Craft Beer Market. If you want to drink wine, don’t let us hold you back, but you’ll be on your own as far as pairings go.
We will take reservations in the order we receive them and each seating time is limited to 35 people, so please don’t procrastinate.
To reserve your space, please email Megan at email@example.com with (1) your preferred seating time; (2) the number of people in your party; and (3) a phone number to reach you. About one week before the event, we will call you to obtain payment information. CIVIC is a rain or shine event, and cancellations received less than 2 days prior to the event will be non-refundable.
Without further ado — here’s the menu! We hope to see you on August 31!
Orange Smoke: Spiced Pecans
Jasmine Tea Smoke: Duck Boudin Balls on Cold Kim Chee Succotash
Tabasco Barrel Oak Smoke: Crispy Tripe with Frites
Hickory Smoke with Star Anise: Flanken Cut Beef Short Ribs, Vietnamese Black Coffee Sauce
Pecan Smoke: Charred Marinated Beef Heart and Mole with Black Plum
Fig with Oregano, Rosemary, and Thyme Smoke: Brasstown Porchetta Stuffed with Spicy Pickled Figs and Brandied Foie Gras Mousseline
Peach Smoke: Peppered Umami Beef Jerky Green Papaya Salad
Corncob Smoke: Summer Squash Souffle
Stay Hungry Atlanta!
- Peppered Rabbit with Melted Leeks
- Beer Brat
- Chicken Fresco – (New Retail Item!)
- Mexican Chorizo
- Black Cherry & Pork
- English Breakfast
- Lamb Merguez
- Spicy Luganega
Primal Cuts / Prepared Items
- These items are available only at the retail shop!
- Dry-Aged Ribeyes (Brasstown and Meyer)
- NY Strip (Brasstown)
- Hanger Steaks (Brasstown)
- Flat Irons Steaks (Brasstown)
- Center Cut Pork Chops (Brasstown)
- Quail (Manchester Farms)
- Whole Rabbits (Rabbit Man Farms)
- Creole Smoked Whole Chickens
- Magret Moulard Duck Breasts (Hudson Valley)
- Smoked Trotters – (New Retail Item!)
- Chicken Liver with Arkansas Black Apple & Ginger Aspic
- Peppered Rabbit Liver Pate with Spicy Mayhaw Aspic
- Pork Rillettes with Herb Butter
Whole Muscle or Cured
- Pancetta (Calabrian Chili)
- Duck Prosciutto
- Lamb with Feta
- Hunter Salami
- Saucisson a l’Ail
- Sorghum & Black Pepper
- Fegatelli Snack Sticks
- Petit Sec Snack Sticks
- Hot Dogs
- All Beef
- Veal Bologna
- “The Original” — Sorghum and Cracked Black Pepper
- Beef Pastrami
- Pate Gelee
- Check Back! We’re brainstorming!
- High Road Craft Ice Cream “Frozen Trotter” Pints
- Femur Cut Marrow Bones
- Duck Fat
- Stocks, Ox Tails, and Trotters, Oh My! – (you never know what we have in stock…)
- Sweet Southern
- Peppered Umami
- Belle Chevre with Herbs de Provence
- Beemster XO (26 month Gouda / The Netherlands)
- Cumberland (Sequatchie Cove)
- Dancing Fern (Sequatchie Cove)
- Gruyere (Greendale Farms)
- Cotswold (Greendale Farms)
- Leiden (Greendale Farms)
- Edam (Greendale Farms)
- Assorted baguettes & pretzel bread from H&F Bakery
- The Spotted Trotter Spiced Blackberry and Peach Jam(onit) (Atlanta, GA)
- The Spotted Trotter Peach Butter with Lavender (Atlanta, GA) – (New Retail Item!)
- TRU Bee Honey (Franklin, TN)
- Sorghum Syrup (Hughe’s Farm)
- Rancho Gordo Beans
- Yellow Eye
- Good Mother Stallard
- Goat Eye
- The Spotted Trotter Artisan T-Shirts (3 styles)
- Reusable The Spotted Trotter Grocery Bags (only $3 each!)
- Meat Bucks (Gift Certificates!)
- Assorted Handmade Cutting Boards (Doc’s Woodturning)
- Salami Cutting Boards (Doc’s Woodturning)
- MEATPAPER Quarterly Periodical
- Flavors Magazine
- Assorted On-Topic Hardcover Books (miscellaneous authors)
- Bacon Soap
- Bacon Toothpicks
- Artisan Metal Spotted Pigs (2 sizes) – (New Retail Item!)
Remember, you can always use our online order form to reserve your order in advance.