Menu for the Week of April 14, 2014 – Farmers Markets
It is finally Farmers Market season once again! And we could hardly wait any longer, as it was a long cold winter! That means the smell of ramps is in the air mingling with the delicious aroma of our sorghum & cracked black pepper bacon. That is right, we are up bright and early preparing for 4 of the best farmers markets in the city each week: Peachtree Road Farmers Market, Grant Park Farmers Market, East Atlanta Village Farmers Market, and Decatur Farmers Market (Wednesday only). You can find many of our fresh sausages, salumi, and other mouth watering goodies all over the city. Not only can you find us at 4 markets, all of the markets that we are a part of are producer only markets, which means no re-selling! Every vendor either makes or grows their own product which also means that all of the markets participate in Wholesome Wave Georgia. Wholesome Wave doubles snap benefits so that you get twice as much Meaty Goodness! For more info check out their website at: http://www.wholesomewavegeorgia.org/
Don’t forget to bring your The Spotted Trotter bag to shop the market. We will see you soon!
Stay Hungry, Atlanta!
- Lamb Merguez
- Sweet Hot Italian
- Breakfast Sausage
- Mexican Chorizo
- Rabbit Boudin
- Chicken Currywurst
Primal Cuts / Prepared Items
- These items are available only at the retail shop!
- Dry-Aged Ribeyes (Brasstown and Meyer)
- NY Strip (Brasstown)
- Hanger Steaks (Brasstown)
- Center Cut Pork Chops
- Quail (Manchester Farms)
- Whole Rabbits (Rabbit Man Farms)
- Creole Smoked Whole Chickens
- Corned Beef
- Magret Moulard Duck Breasts (Hudson Valley)
- Gullah Ham
- Burger Blend
- Leaf Lard – (Perfect for making biscuits!)
- Chicken Liver with Arkansas Black Apple & Ginger Aspic
- Rabbit Liver with Spicy Mayhaw Aspic
- Duck Liver Pate with Wild Cherry and Clementine
- Pork Rillettes with Herb Butter
Whole Muscle or Cured
- Prosciutto (10 month & 12 month)
- Smoked Guanciale
- Pancetta (Calabrian Chili)
- Pancetta w/ Three Herbs
- Duck Prosciutto
- Pork & Mayhaw
- Spanish Chorizo
- Hunter Salami
- Fegatelli Snack Sticks
- Petit Sec Snack Sticks
- Black Pepper Sorghum
- Rosette de Lyon
- Saucisson a L’ail
- Lamb Xuong
- Salami Cotto
- Duck Salami with Pine Nuts
- Hot Dogs
- All Beef
- Pork & Beef
- Veal Bologna
- Gullah Hams
- “The Original” — Sorghum and Cracked Black Pepper
- Femur Cut Marrow Bones
- Smoked Pig Parts
- Duck Fat
- Stocks, Ox Tails, and Trotters, Oh My! – (you never know what we have in stock…)
- Sweet Southern
- Peppered Umami
- Brebis (Many Fold Farm)
- Garretts Ferry (Many Fold Farm)
- Condor’s Ruin (Many Fold Farm)
- Plank Road (Caramont Farm)
- Red Row (Caramont Farm)
- Assorted baguettes, pretzel bread, and hot dog buns from H&F Bread Co.
- The Spotted Trotter Citron Curd – New Retail Item!
- The Spotted Trotter Persimmon and Apple Butter – New Retail Item!
- Beautiful Briny Sea Assorted Sea Salts (Atlanta, GA) – New Retail Item!
- TAZA Stone Ground Assorted Chocolates (Somerville, MA) – New Retail Item!
- Bluegrass Bourbon Barrel Foods Soy Sauce (Kentucky) – New Retail Item!
- Roots & Branches Assorted Crackers (Asheville, NC) – New Retail Item!
- Moustard Pommery (Dijon, France) – New Retail Item!
- Malvi Marshmallow Confections (Cumming, GA) – New Retail Item!
- Sfoglini Pasta (NY, NY) — New Retail Item!
- Traditional Raspberry Candies (Provence, France) — New Retail Item!
- TRU Bee Honey (Franklin, TN)
- Many Fold Fresh Farm Eggs (Chattahoochee Hills, GA)
- Rancho Gordo Beans
- Yellow Eye
- Good Mother Stallard
- Goat Eye
- The Spotted Trotter Artisan T-Shirts (3 styles) — New “Day of the Dead Pig” Design in Store!
- Reusable The Spotted Trotter Grocery Bags (only $3 each!)
- Meat Bucks (Gift Certificates!)
- MEATPAPER Quarterly Periodical
- Flavors Magazine
- Brother Magazine – New Retail Item!
- Assorted On-Topic Hardcover Books (miscellaneous authors)
- Bacon-Themed Accoutrements (assorted)